MTD question for new RCI cruiser

KsucAts

I am now within my 90 day booking window on Liberty. We have MTD. Is there any harm in going and reserving 7:00 for all 7 nights? We will likely skip a night for the buffet and possibly a specialty restaurant, but we don't think we will make that decision until we are onboard. Also, we aren't sure if we will want a different time because of a show or something like that.

We just know if there isn't anything else going on that 7:00 would be our preferred time to eat. How easy is it to switch once onboard and we know the show times, etc.?

On our last Oasis sailing this past August we were amazed at the open tables from people who were booked at early seating going other places to eat.

It seems your request for a change of time could vary on a daily basis and dependent upon the lines for seating.

Good luck.

Edited by Lionesss

I am now within my 90 day booking window on Liberty. We have MTD. Is there any harm in going and reserving 7:00 for all 7 nights? We will likely skip a night for the buffet and possibly a specialty restaurant, but we don't think we will make that decision until we are onboard. Also, we aren't sure if we will want a different time because of a show or something like that.

We just know if there isn't anything else going on that 7:00 would be our preferred time to eat. How easy is it to switch once onboard and we know the show times, etc.?

Hard to say how easy it is to switch, as it depends on demographic, shows, etc. However, it's a good idea to notify the MTD desk if you will be late or not show up, so they can potentially use your table for others.

Edited by clarea

Hard to say how easy it is to switch, as it depends on demographic, shows, etc. However, it's a good idea to notify the MTD desk of you will be late or not show up, so they can potentially use your table for others.

Thanks. We definitely would tell them in advance if our plans changed.

We eat at 6:30 with MTD, 7 might be a little late to make it to the shows, It might not, but if my memory servers me from last year, we finished dinner, had a little bit of time, but not alot to make it to the shows.

Dan

Don't be surprised if you can't book the 7 pm timeslot in advance...it's the most popular time, and they usually hold it back for onboard booking. Yes...it's quite easy to change your times, or, show up without a reservation.

Thanks everybody! I appreciate it.

You were right. 7:00 wasn't available, but 6:45 was, so we have that booked for each night. We will probably switch a couple of them at some point, but might not know which ones until onboard.

We also have MTD. Is it okay to just call daily to reserve the spot? Would like to make plans for the day first. Will this work?

Yes, you can make reservations on a daily basis. They will accomodate you if the time you want is available.

Edited by clarea

Thank you. Seems like I read that somewhere. I really need to extend my notetaking. I'm looking forward to this RC cruise. I've never been on any ship but carnival. I'm sure there will be other things I need to know that will be different.