Millennium class Infinity similar to what Royal class?

CanadaRob

Looking at booking panama canal for '17 and obviously Royal currently not there. This is one of those cruises I've wanted to do for years and can't put it off any longer. :)

M class size wise look similar to Radiance class or Vision class with 2100+ on board and build dates in the early 2000's too.

Anyone been on Infinity recently pre/post dry dock to offer an opinion and some insight? Am somewhat familiar with Radiance class for comparison but not so much Vision pros/cons either.

Looking at booking panama canal for '17 and obviously Royal currently not there. This is one of those cruises I've wanted to do for years and can't put it off any longer. :)

M class size wise look similar to Radiance class or Vision class with 2100+ on board and build dates in the early 2000's too.

Anyone been on Infinity recently pre/post dry dock to offer an opinion and some insight? Am somewhat familiar with Radiance class for comparison but not so much Vision pros/cons either.

We have sailed Celebrity Summit (also Millenium class) and also Jewel of the Seas, Serenade, and Brilliance. Millennium class is the same size as Radiance class.

Marys350 is correct:

Celebrity Infinity Tonnage: 91,000 GT

Radiance Class Tonnage: 90,090 GT

Celebrity Length: 964.6 ft (294.0 m)

Radiance Class Length: 962 ft (293 m)

Celebrity Capacity: 2,170 (crew 999)

Radiance Class Capacity: 2,501 (crew 859)

Only major difference is the Infinity has more crew by 16% and fewer passengers by 15%, so the ratio is almost 40% better on Celebrity.

Marys350 is correct:

Celebrity Infinity Tonnage: 91,000 GT

Radiance Class Tonnage: 90,090 GT

Celebrity Length: 964.6 ft (294.0 m)

Radiance Class Length: 962 ft (293 m)

Only major difference is the Infinity has more crew by 16% and fewer passengers by 15%, so the ratio is almost 40% better on Celebrity.

3 for fee restaurants which is kind of usual, just added the screen at top deck not at pooldeck, have you been on a Millennium class?

Edited by CanadaRob
added correction

have you been on a Millennium class?

My last Millennium cruise was 19 NOV 2011 as far as I recall! It was one of my dad's favorite ships (he's a fan of X and I'm a fan of RCI so we don't always cross paths). Now that they're not out of SoFla, I haven't had the chance to cruise her. And a lot has changed since 2011!

I don't know Celebrity capacity numbers, but I do know that Radiance numbers are around 2100 for double occupancy and 2500 for max occupancy. Just want to be sure that the comparison is apples to apples.

Edited by clarea

I don't know Celebrity capacity numbers, but I do know that Radiance numbers are around 2100 for double occupancy and 2500 for max occupancy. Just want to be sure that the comparison is apples to apples.

Very interesting about the extra 140 crew though. Although those would be initial published numbers...no way to tell if they are still running with that many crew.

That's very true -- and you know how the numbers can be either inflated or deflated for marketing purposes.

Also, I am pretty sure the Millenium got "Solstice-ized" in recent years, which makes those numbers even more uncertain. I just went with what the published numbers were, but even that can change.

I do know that my Celebrity Millenium cruise in 2011 felt OVER staffed. There were crew EVERYWHERE. I then did my first RCI cruise right after on the Liberty (3,634 passengers double occupancy, crew 1,300 average) and asked myself "Where is everyone???".

I was THISCLOSE to just becoming an X loyalist, but I had so much fun on Liberty that I gave both another try soon after, and RCI won me over. My pops picks up the tab for a cruise together once a year or so, and I still prefer RCI by a decent margin.

That's very true -- and you know how the numbers can be either inflated or deflated for marketing purposes.

Also, I am pretty sure the Millenium got "Solstice-ized" in recent years, which makes those numbers even more uncertain. I just went with what the published numbers were, but even that can change.

I do know that my Celebrity Millenium cruise in 2011 felt OVER staffed. There were crew EVERYWHERE. I then did my first RCI cruise right after on the Liberty (3,634 passengers double occupancy, crew 1,300 average) and asked myself "Where is everyone???".

I was THISCLOSE to just becoming an X loyalist, but I had so much fun on Liberty that I gave both another try soon after, and RCI won me over. My pops picks up the tab for a cruise together once a year or so, and I still prefer RCI by a decent margin.

^^^^^ THIS

I will probably hold off on Panama canal until the canal widening is done and Royal is back with something else.

B2B in Caribbean is cheaper and maybe more fun on Jewel or Serenade.