a la carte - Breakaway 1/31/16

electro

As there has been some discussion about when the rest of the fleet is going a la carte, I thought I'd post this.

From MyNCL for my upcoming breakaway cruise.:

Cagney's Steakhouse

DETAILS

Steak is the standard at our American-style steakhouse. Pull up a seat along The Waterfront and take your pick from premium cuts of Certified Angus Beef®. Your mouth will water, so sip your favorite cocktail in anticipation. And don’t forget to order our made-from-scratch jumbo crab cakes and a side of our famous truffle fries. The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/31/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

This applies to all the restaurants that are going a la carte: Le Bristro, La Cacina, etc.

Lois

Edited by electro

Thanks for the info.

I have mixed feelings on this one. I'm going on the jan 17th cruise. This means I get more quantity but less quality. But i don't complain, now at least i can try some different starters on my Platinum and sdp dinners.

Guess they'll change the mdr menus the same day.

Thanks for the info.

I have mixed feelings on this one. I'm going on the jan 17th cruise. This means I get more quantity but less quality. But i don't complain, now at least i can try some different starters on my Platinum and sdp dinners.

Guess they'll change the mdr menus the same day.

I was hoping that it wasn't going to change until after my cruise but no such luck.

I didn't want to have to decide ahead of time how many nights I want to eat in a specialty restaurant. I guess now I'll have to decide and buy the SDP because I won't pay the a la cate prices.

Lois

I was hoping that it wasn't going to change until after my cruise but no such luck.

I didn't want to have to decide ahead of time how many nights I want to eat in a specialty restaurant. I guess now I'll have to decide and buy the SDP because I won't pay the a la cate prices.

Lois

Even though I know that is what NCL wants, to sell SDP packages, and we also don't like planning meal places ahead of time, we are gong to do like you and purchase an SDP package for our transatlantic cruise on Jade in order to avoid

a la carte prices.

Edited by NMLady

We were on the Escape and the a la carte menus seemed to be o.k. You can still eat at a specialty restaurant for a decent price. And the SDP worked like the former dining plans.

So with the SDP, there were no additional charges no matter what you ordered? (except 2nd entrees at Cagneys and one other?)