Gold tier question

elmsliebev

I am a gold member but my DH is a silver member - our cruise in January will be his 2nd with Cunard, but my 4th, so he will become Gold after this trip.

Does this mean he will have to loiter outside the World Club cocktail party or can he come with me? :D:D

I thought so and here's the official answer from Cunard:

"If my spouse/travel companion is at a lower tier than I am, will they receive the same benefits as I do?

While your spouse/travel companion may join you at the Cunard World Club Party, Disembarkation Lounge and/or Senior Officer's Party as your guest, we are unable to extend all benefits to guests who do not yet qualify for them."

It looks like DH can join you at the WC party (you will still have 3 voyages to go for the senior officers party) he will not get the 2 hours free internet.

Roy

• 1 year later...

May l add a supplementary question pls.

How do you get issued the Gold Tier internet time (l assume you go to the internet centre?), and if both yourself and your spouse are Gold, can it be used on a single device.

Thanks. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May l add a supplementary question pls.

How do you get issued the Gold Tier internet time (l assume you go to the internet centre?), and if both yourself and your spouse are Gold, can it be used on a single device.

Thanks. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will need to purchase the amount of time that you are entitled to as part of your Gold status. It will them be credited back to your account. You will have seperate login details so can use the same device. No need to go to the Internet centre unless you have a problem.

Thankyou. But, how do you purchase the hours, if not through the cafe.

Ta. [emoji3]

When you connect to WiFi on your device you're given the option to purchase am internet package. You select the package appropriate for tour CWC tier, and as others have said the cost of that package gets reimbursed to you later on the same day.

Purchase the package before the end of the first full day and they throw in a few extra minutes, so 120 minutes becomes something like 135.

Edited by Underwatr

Note - someone here has reported that with the new internet setup, you need to log out of the same session that you logged in on (leave that browser window/tab open).

In the past, you could just go to that internet address and log out from any browser window. If you do that now, it will not end your session on their end and you'll burn up your minutes. (I think the reason has something to do with supporting multiple devices)

Edited by MarkBearSF

If you want more minutes than you get from your loyalty level select the plan that meets your needs. If you get 2 hours and need 4, buy the 4 hour plan and the price of the 2-hour plan will be deducted from your bill, leaving your bill less than the cost of a 2-hour plan.

Roy

Some people have reported being incorrectly logged out and depleting their minutes as mentioned above. The old system used to log a user out after ~15 minutes of inactivity. I don't know whether the new system incorporates any type of activity detection but if your device is doing any background checks (such as checking for new emails) that may be seen as the ship system as activity which would prevent your being automatically logged off. As an extra step I always put my devices into Airplane Mode or deactivate WiFi after my online session.

I keep the Cunard system window open (the page that comes up to say your are logged in) and open new windows for whatever I'm doing. When I'm ready to log out, I just go back to the system page and click on "log out." I always wait for the confirmation to come up so I can be sure I'm out and also see how many minutes I have left.

K

At one time you were asked to type 1111 in the address bar, then later it was log off.com. Have things changed again.

David

Exactly. As the poster above states, Now it's better to keep the pop-up or login page with your time countdown and to log out from there.

-Mark

Edited by MarkBearSF

On the new system, to log out, you can still type in 1.1.1.1 (remember the dots).

According to the story told below in a previous thread, that may not always be the case. Personally, I'll just keep either the pop-up window or the web page tab with the countdown open and logout from there. If there are any questions, I'd suggest checking in Connexions and get the answer directly from them, rather than depend upon second-hand stories here. (I also recognize that what you describe is a different strategy than the OP described - but it DOES appear that there are additional considerations with the new system, most likely to support use of multiple devices)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51820790#post51820790

From rsquare's post,

My internet device is an iPod Touch. On Crystal, I was told to copy the login page to my home screen, so I did the same on QM2. As a result, I would occasionally open the login page from the icon on my home screen, log in, check e-mail or weather etc., then log out in the Safari browser.

I was a little annoyed that the helpful "you are now disconnected..." screen didn't always show up, leaving me to enter "logout.com" in Safari and then going to an app like Yahoo weather to see if it updated (ie, was still connected to the internet). I did this one evening, seemed to be logged out, and the next morning, I was asked to purchase a new package - no minutes left.

The woman running Connexions picked up what I had done, and told me that what I had done is a no-no. Login and logout must be performed from the same place. Otherwise, Cunard's internet doesn't recognize the logout and the meter keeps running. She deleted the login icon from my home screen, and I had no trouble thereafter - and always got the "you are logged out...." screen to confirm that the meter stopped running.

BTW, if the login screen doesn't show up the first time you connect to QM2 Guest Internet, you can bring it up by entering Internet.Cunard.com in the address bar of your browser, or (hearsay, I haven't tried it) "login.com."

-Mark

Edited by MarkBearSF