A question about cranberry juice

cadu43

I order Cranberry juice a lot.

We were on the Eurodam in October and it was a mixed bag as to how it came. Some days it was cold and great -- other days , warm. There were times when I thought it was watered down -- not much flavor.

You certainly can bring as much cranberry juice in cans or bottles as you want onto the ship.

If you happen to be in a Neptune/Pinnacle Suite, you often can find cranberry juice in Neptune Lounge.

If you wish, you certainly can bring your own either at embarkation or from a port along the way.

A wide range of juices (including cranberry) are displayed in glasses at breakfast. Later in the day you can ask for some and they will get it.

You can also get cranberry juice in the bars, but it is a different formula, and there's a charge for it.

I love it. A simple question about the availability of cranberry juice. I cannot see anyway that we can get into disagreement about this subject. The OP got his/her answer without any controversy at all. But maybe we can still find something to argue about here.

I love it. A simple question about the availability of cranberry juice. I cannot see anyway that we can get into disagreement about this subject. The OP got his/her answer without any controversy at all. But maybe we can still find something to argue about here.

Challenge Accepted!

It's "cranberry juice cocktail" or "cranberry flavored juice beverage." Cranberry juice is wicked tart and will make your mouth pucker like a box of limes in the desert. This explains the lack of teeny tiny juice presses in your catalogs from Williams Sonoma and other high end kitchen goods retailers.

How's that? ;)

Challenge Accepted!

It's "cranberry juice cocktail" or "cranberry flavored juice beverage." Cranberry juice is wicked tart and will make your mouth pucker like a box of limes in the desert. This explains the lack of teeny tiny juice presses in your catalogs from Williams Sonoma and other high end kitchen goods retailers.

How's that? ;)

Is a Cosmopolitan made with 'Cranberry juice' or Cranberry Fruit Juice Drink'. I cannot find full strength 'Cranberry Juice' over here. TIA

Is a Cosmopolitan made with 'Cranberry juice' or Cranberry Fruit Juice Drink'. I cannot find full strength 'Cranberry Juice' over here. TIA

If you buy a bag of cranberries from the grocer and press out the juice, you'll see what I mean. It's nasty, bitter stuff.

I am sure it is Cranberry fruit juice drink - the kind that has sugar in it. Because as POA1 says, the 100% juice is nearly impossible to drink because of the bitterness.

So, I am agreeing with POA1, no controversy there!

If you happen to be in a Neptune/Pinnacle Suite, you often can find cranberry juice in Neptune Lounge.

If you wish, you certainly can bring your own either at embarkation or from a port along the way.

On a couple of ships that we have been on the last 3 years -- Neptune Lounge had grape juice instead of cranberry juice. Very bitter.

I am sure it is Cranberry fruit juice drink - the kind that has sugar in it. Because as POA1 says, the 100% juice is nearly impossible to drink because of the bitterness.

So, I am agreeing with POA1, no controversy there!

Tom -

I am so SORRY. I was trying to make light of the "no controversy" thing. My mistake. Clearly.

At one restaurant we go to, they use only pure cranberry juice. Others use the juice cocktail. I have had it made both ways with pure juice and juice cocktail. Usually if they add more cranberry juice (more pink color) it is made with juice cocktail and has a sweeter taste. If it is made with pure juice, less is used and hence a lighter color and a tarter flavor. I actually prefer the one with pure juice.

But is it Ham, Ham in natural juices, Ham water added, or Ham and water product!

You say that now, but just wait until you have Tennessee country ham from Benton's. Normally I kid, but some Benton's bacon could just change your life.

You say that now, but just wait until you have Tennessee country ham from Benton's. Normally I kid, but some Benton's bacon could just change your life.

I grew up on salt cured country ham. I knew ham was for dinner on Sunday as the ham started it's soak days before. Then the day after, thin slices of ham on biscuits. Been there, still crave that.