Crab Shack

johnandlinda

We will be on Regal 2/21.

1. Can you make reservations at Crab Shack?

2. If so, do you suggest we do due to crowds? (like to eat aroun 6:45 or 7:00)

Thanks.

Yes, you should make reservations. On at least one cruise, the Crab Shack was fully booked and they weren't allowing walk-ins. Book early if you want a specific time.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds right up my alley. I LOVE shellfish, but my wife has a food intolerance so I rarely get it. The fact that I could do this while she's at the Horizon Court (not wasting $20 getting a burger so I can have shellfish) is awesome. She does, however, LOVE hushpuppies. I saw that listed as an appetizer. Is there a way to get that without the rest/paying $20 (or can I share without issues)?

Is this offered every day in the Horizon Court? Or just certain days?

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

This sounds right up my alley. I LOVE shellfish, but my wife has a food intolerance so I rarely get it. The fact that I could do this while she's at the Horizon Court (not wasting $20 getting a burger so I can have shellfish) is awesome. She does, however, LOVE hushpuppies. I saw that listed as an appetizer. Is there a way to get that without the rest/paying $20 (or can I share without issues)?

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

We have only seen it on some days not all.

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

From what I've read, the hushpuppies are served WITH shrimp. You could ask for the hushpuppies to be served separately. HTH.

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

The appetizer consists of a small basket of (tiny) popcorn shrimp with a couple of (tiny) hush puppies mixed in. Perhaps a crisp green handshake with your waiter will secure a basketfull of just the hush.

Crab Shack will be offered one or two days a week. On the ships that have Cafe Caribe it is held there so not in the same continuous space as the Horizon Court. As to the discussion of one member of the party not eating the seafood but bringing a plate from the HC to the table: remember the fee for Crab Shack is not based on what one orders but a cover charge, just as at all the specialty restaurants. I imagine the Head Waiter on duty would not object to one person joining but not dining--but attempting to "share" will likely result in the cover charge for all at the table on the chit.

That is good to know. My wife loves Seafood, but I avoid it at all costs. Does anyone have experience with modifications to the menu for dietary needs? My wife can't eat dairy or gluten, but would love to feast on crab.

Go to Cruise Personalizer, select Guest check-in,

then select Medical & Dietary Requests.

Fill-up the Dietary Instructions form and send to Princess