RC Kids club - do the parents have to stay onboard

aadowell

There are no rules about staying onboard, however I would let the counselors know you will not be onboard. I would also suggest taking a ship sponsored excursion just so they know where you are if needed.

What about the whole "shutting down over lunch time thing" - what if our excursion lasts through lunch? It's not an RCL excursion so I need to book it before we leave and won't be able to cancel it once I get on board and can ask all these questions at the kids club desk :-(

I can't speak for RCL, but on Carnival it just stated that if parents were on board, to please pick your children up for lunch. But with the way the Funtimes was worded, it sounded like they would feed your child that day if you were not onboard.

I should note that we didn't utilize this service, I just remember reading it.

Yes. During port days, AO is open and will take kids to Windjammer for lunch. I think they have you fill out what you want the kids to eat - I seem to remember writing or picking hamburger, fries, and tons of ketchup for our son this past cruise. On sea days, the club closes for lunch time.

We had no trouble leaving our little one in the RCI nursery when we went on an excursion in Alaska (we booked it privately but RCI offered the same excursion). We had the number for the nursery and they had ours...this worked out great.

• 4 weeks later...

Adventure Ocean is open the hours the ship is in port. So if the shipped docked earlier than the normal AO starting time they would open early and if the ship was docked until 6 PM they would stay open. This allows you to take all day excursions while the kids are looked after on the ship if this is what you choose.

We have left our kids on board a couple of times. Once was while in Russia. We were docked overnight and I didn't feel safe taking the kids out on the second day. They preferred to stay on board. The second time we had been on an RCI tour in the morning with the kids and they wanted to go back to AO. The went to kids club while we went back for a walk around the port shops.