Enchantment shock??

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm getting more and more excited!

To the above poster who mentioned Chops being understaffed. I don't mind a meal taking a while - if it's because they are pacing us and intentionally allowing the previous course settle before moving on to the next. But slow because of understaffing is - like you said - unforgivable, especially for a specialty restaurant.

To the above poster looking forward to Giovanni's on Independence - we LOVED LOVED LOVED it on Freedom in October. We would have dined there every night if we could have. (Went 3 nights as it was on a 7 night cruise - and one night it was closed for the Murder Mystery night.) The food is outstanding! The service was excellent - so let's hope the same is true on Independence! ENJOY - let us know what you think!

I can honestly say that I've had more interaction with the Captain than I've ever had with the Cruise Director. But maybe that will change! :-)

We enjoyed the Park Café on the Enchantment .... esp on embarkation day ... very few people knew about it. Nice salads up there but ..

after a while we started calling it the "Pork Café" because that was the only kinda meat they were slicing for your little sandwiches!

Not true. They have pork on day one and three and the beef on day two on the three night we were just on.

I've stayed in the same Junior Suite twice on Enchantment, and it has a nice walk-in closet where we could store luggage out of the way. I don't know if that's standard for a JS but we loved it.

We had a Junior Suite on Enchantment one time and it, sadly, was not the kind that has the walk-in closet. It felt like a slightly larger balcony cabin.

Not that a walk-in is that big a deal, but it was nice to have that extra space and helped keep our room clutter-free.

We had a Junior Suite on Enchantment one time and it, sadly, was not the kind that has the walk-in closet. It felt like a slightly larger balcony cabin.

Not that a walk-in is that big a deal, but it was nice to have that extra space and helped keep our room clutter-free.

The only walk ins I have heard of are the corner Afts.

Another vote for Chops. Our meal was fantastic and the pace of service was perfect, its a very enjoyable evening. We will continue to go back on every cruise.

Park Café was our go to for breakfast and lunch every day. Tables with great water views and never crowded, andjust the right amount of food options. The create your own salads are very fresh and the sandwiches are delicious, even the pork.

The Schooner Bar is a good place for pre-dinner cocktails. And we loved the view from the VCL in the evenings. The walking bridge is beautiful at night all lit up!

The ships pool deck never felt crowded.

Love Enchantment, as you can see, we sailed her three times. Enjoy!!

Not true. They have pork on day one and three and the beef on day two on the three night we were just on.

Yea, Roamer .. it WAS true on our sailing. We never saw beef being sliced .. and we were up there each day. Pork ... Pork .. Pork.. Pork.

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'm getting more and more excited!

To the above poster who mentioned Chops being understaffed. I don't mind a meal taking a while - if it's because they are pacing us and intentionally allowing the previous course settle before moving on to the next. But slow because of understaffing is - like you said - unforgivable, especially for a specialty restaurant.

Trust me this was not an intentional "relaxed" pace. We had one harried waiter (same waiter both nights) running around serving all the tables in our section ... then periods where we wouldn't see him at all ... definitely not the experience they proclaim Chops to be.

But the food was enjoyable enough on the first night. The second night we did MDR which totally stunk ... so we figured why not try Chops again on the 3rd ... maybe the problems they had on that first night were a one-off..

Nope -- same waiter .. same delays .. same do-nothing manager ... wine took forever, appetizers took forever, main courses took forever ... we didn't stay for dessert either night because we were tired of sitting there waiting and waiting ...

2 times definitely soured us on the "Chops Experience".

Hopefully things have gotten better, but I doubt it.

Trust me this was not an intentional "relaxed" pace. We had one harried waiter (same waiter both nights) running around serving all the tables in our section ... then periods where we wouldn't see him at all ... definitely not the experience they proclaim Chops to be.

But the food was enjoyable enough on the first night. The second night we did MDR which totally stunk ... so we figured why not try Chops again on the 3rd ... maybe the problems they had on that first night were a one-off..

Nope -- same waiter .. same delays .. same do-nothing manager ... wine took forever, appetizers took forever, main courses took forever ... we didn't stay for dessert either night because we were tired of sitting there waiting and waiting ...

2 times definitely soured us on the "Chops Experience".

Hopefully things have gotten better, but I doubt it.

On Freedom - they served my DH medium-well Ahi tuna. We were so confused. They tried to play it off as if that was normal (I'm a chef.) They didn't like that I questioned them.

Out of 3 nights - we'll still probably try it ONE night.

I had Chops on Enchantment 2 out of the 4 nights on my last cruise and like everyone said, the food was great. Enchantment definitely has the best chops.

But I will admit that their pacing is very slow. Without trying to sound pretenious, we dine at fancy restaurants all the time (and our country club), and the pacing between portions is just "off" on Enchantment. For us it wasnt understaffing its just the waiter/kitchen flow is clearly off. Thats what causes delay at chops.

So if you plan on going there for dinner, expect to be there for a while.

In terms of pacing - this is a cruise without kids (2 nephews and our DD) so it could take all night and we would still be happy to be there. :)

I actually remember playing the Chubby Bunny game in college. So it's not THAT new. It's just an excuse to:

a) see how big a mouth someone has

b) laugh at someone as they almost choke because they are laughing, and

c) eat lots of marshmallows without being judged.

Fun times!

We've cruised Enchantment 3 times and loved each one. I would not hesitate to cruise her again. Love the pool deck and pool bars. We also dined in Chops all three cruises and had a wonderful time. I have to agree that the timing makes it a long dining experience, but that did not bother us.

Chubby Bunny along with all kinds of candy competitions are shown on RCTV the whole cruise, along with the funny news show they do...and they usually hold a contest as well on the ship...

Marc is a great cruise director and Enchantment is a great ship as you can see from the times I have sailed her....

I am hoping to get one last cruise with Marc on either Enchantment or Majesty before he leaves...

Chubby Bunny along with all kinds of candy competitions are shown on RCTV the whole cruise, along with the funny news show they do...and they usually hold a contest as well on the ship...

Marc is a great cruise director and Enchantment is a great ship as you can see from the times I have sailed her....

I am hoping to get one last cruise with Marc on either Enchantment or Majesty before he leaves...

That's a bummer to hear ... he's leaving RC completely ? :(

He's the first CD I can say I noticed and enjoyed .. is he leaving cruising to focus on his restaurant franchise ?

As far as I know he's leaving completely....apparently he is staying on long enough to transition Majesty over to Port Canaveral. 2016 is his last year with RCI, just not sure when he is officially done.

Spending more time with family I believe is the reason he gave and I know he does have the restaurant thing going on.

He is the only cruise director so far that I could remember their name, tell you about them and enjoyed almost all of the events and activities that they hosted and put on.

Marc is gone and I don't think he's coming back. :(

Pool deck and oasis bar are great

Marc is just on break. He will return to Enchantment and take her to Miami and then he will switch to the Majesty and bring her to Port Canaveral after her dry dock. He will retire off of Majesty shortly thereafter.

Spending more time with family I believe is the reason he gave and I know he does have the restaurant thing going on.

"Spend more time with family" ... so you quit your job?

They gonna be spendin alotta time togetha at the homeless shelter!

Really...????.not even sure if that is worth responding to but here it goes.

You think he's going to quit his job to be homeless and live at a shelter with his family? You don't think he has another plan, another job possibly lined up?

And you actually quoted the part when I mentioned he has a restaurant business of some sorts so obviously even if you thought the only job he could ever have was as a CD, that statement should clear that up.

We all know that its long weeks and months working on a cruise ship, so of course its a valid reason......

I cant believe you would take that statement and make such assumptions and smart ass remarks about it......

SMDH......

Really...????.not even sure if that is worth responding to but here it goes.

You think he's going to quit his job to be homeless and live at a shelter with his family? You don't think he has another plan, another job possibly lined up?

And you actually quoted the part when I mentioned he has a restaurant business of some sorts so obviously even if you thought the only job he could ever have was as a CD, that statement should clear that up.

We all know that its long weeks and months working on a cruise ship, so of course its a valid reason......

I cant believe you would take that statement and make such assumptions and smart ass remarks about it......

SMDH......

Ease UP, Moncton ... .. u read way too much into that . If u read my earlier post, u'd see I like Marc Walker ... I'm just sick of reading about people leaving successful careers "to spend more time with their family".

Based on so many positive responses about Chops, I guess our experience at the end of August on Enchantment must have been an outlier. Our experience was well below par from our previous visits to other Chops. We found the appetizers and salads to be poor. The steaks were average at best with 2 in our party having to send theirs back. It definitely wasn't worth the $35 per person upcharge on that visit.