Enchantment shock??

Hey everyone,

We've only ever cruised on the Allure and Freedom - and just booked a quick little trip on Enchantment. I have a few questions - and I know you all will be able to answer them:

1) Do they have freestyle machines on Enchantment?

2) We had sworn off Chops on Freedom and the Allure - because we had a MUCH better meal at Portofinos and Giovannis Table. Is the Chops on Enchantment any better - as it's the ONLY specialty restaurant?

3) Any don't miss or don't bother things about Enchantment that we should know?

We know it's a much smaller ship - so we're not expecting the Freedom experience. We're not expecting too much - just relaxing. :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

We've only ever cruised on the Allure and Freedom - and just booked a quick little trip on Enchantment. I have a few questions - and I know you all will be able to answer them:

2) We had sworn off Chops on Freedom and the Allure - because we had a MUCH better meal at Portofinos and Giovannis Table. Is the Chops on Enchantment any better - as it's the ONLY specialty restaurant?

We know it's a much smaller ship - so we're not expecting the Freedom experience. We're not expecting too much - just relaxing. :)

Thanks in advance!

Yes, they have the Coke Freestyle machines on Enchantment.

Chops was very good. Told best Chops chef in fleet is on Enchantment.

Enchantment has one the best pool decks in the fleet. Plenty of room for sailaway and midnight party when leaving Nassau. Marc Walker is a great CD. Park Cafe in the solarium is great for a quick breakfast or lunch. She is one of my favorite ships. Hate to see her go to Miami!

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Yes, they have the Coke Freestyle machines on Enchantment.

We agree! We really enjoy the CHOPS on the Enchantment and have dinner there at least once each time we cruise on her. It's the same CHOPS menu as the other ships, but the food is prepared well and the wait staff is awesome.

Edited by lr657

Enchantment has one the best pool decks in the fleet. Plenty of room for sailaway and midnight party when leaving Nassau. Marc Walker is a great CD. Park Cafe in the solarium is great for a quick breakfast or lunch. She is one of my favorite ships. Hate to see her go to Miami!

Marc is gone and I don't think he's coming back. :(

Pool deck and oasis bar are great

Edited by John&LaLa

We thoroughly enjoyed Chops on the Enchantment - excellent meal & service. We generally do not do Chops anymore but this was a special anniversary treat from my husband's daughter & granddaughter. We are so glad we agree to go! And check out the outstanding bartenders in the R Bar - wonderful martinis and very special service - especially from Sandra the mixologist onboard.:)

We thoroughly enjoyed Chops on the Enchantment - excellent meal & service. We generally do not do Chops anymore but this was a special anniversary treat from my husband's daughter & granddaughter. We are so glad we agree to go! And check out the outstanding bartenders in the R Bar - wonderful martinis and very special service - especially from Sandra the mixologist onboard.:)

I think I'll be able to convince everyone try Chops ONE more time - especially based on these positive comments. ;) THANKS!

That's also great to hear. We're on deck 4 around the corner from the R bar. It was one of our favorites on the Freedom - so it'll probably be our little hang out!

We (group of 4) had a wonderful meal at Chops. Incredible mushroom soup and steak was perfect (had the petite filet).

But, we were disappointed in our favorite dessert, Mud cake (Mud something). They almost eliminated the wonderful thick chocolate crust. I asked for warm cookies instead (delicious).

I LOVE Enchantment. As you can see in my signature I've sailed her several times and am booked for this summer as well after a winter cruise on Independence.

As another reply mentioned, the pool deck is great, as is the solarium. Chops was hit or miss for me. I'm more excited to try Giovanni's on Independence.

I've stayed in the same Junior Suite twice on Enchantment, and it has a nice walk-in closet where we could store luggage out of the way. I don't know if that's standard for a JS but we loved it.

Enchantment shows are usually very good, but the comedians are so mediocre I have written them off from here forward. The comedian we had on Jewel was far and away better.

We did Chops 2x on Enchantment last March and enjoyed the food. It was a lot better than the other nights in the MDR which sucked. HOWEVER ....

It is worth $35 per person now? Definitely not.

The space its in is weird too ... just a closed off section of what used to be some kind of open area .. and good luck finding the bathrooms .. you have to go through some secret door in the back and then through some dingy winding hallways ... then find ur way back .. its weird.

What annoyed us most tho was the service was SO slow - one waiter handling ALOT of tables .. people getting PISSED ... the clueless manager wasn't helping the guy at all either .. he just kept kept coming around chirping about how he hoped we were enjoying our fabulous Chops evening .. then walking away .... total idiot ... and he got told off real good by one of the tables .. then he totally disappeared.

Food is good ... but just be aware its gonna take a while. There is NO excuse for understaffing - especially in an extra-fee restaurant.

After the second time (same situation), we wouldn't do it again.

Edited by F27TW

We enjoyed the Park Café on the Enchantment .... esp on embarkation day ... very few people knew about it. Nice salads up there but ..

after a while we started calling it the "Pork Café" because that was the only kinda meat they were slicing for your little sandwiches!

We enjoyed the Park Café on the Enchantment .... esp on embarkation day ... very few people knew about it. Nice salads up there but ..

after a while we started calling it the "Pork Café" because that was the only kinda meat they were slicing for your little sandwiches!

Ain't that the truth. Pork Cafe is funny

Yes , Marc is Bing Bong and he is very into sharing info of his lovely family. We have sailed with him when his wife and Lily were on board. We have two more cruises planned with him so hopefully we will see them again with the new baby. ( I guess she is not so new anymore) I love that he is so family oriented yet all about making the cruise fun for all. We will miss him!