Paradise Beach admission question

ljandgb

and how much is a taxi to get to paradise beach? We leave in a few weeks and this might be good for our party of 4 to have a beach day!

Rates will vary depending on what pier you are docked at. If you Google "Cozumel Taxi Rates" and look at images, you should be able to find a fairly recent image where someone has take a photo of the taxi rate board located at each pier.

Just got back from our cruise today. The beach was great! Taxi was $32 for the 8 of us in a large van. Getting a taxi is simple, just make your way to the taxi stand outside the cruise terminal. Rates are posted there, no need to negotiate. The ride back was the same.

We paid for the taxi and admission in dollars. We paid our tab with the credit card. FYI, admission is 3 dollars but the activities wrist band is now an additional $18. There were 6 ships in port and it was not super crowded. We got there at 10:30 and found a great location to sit. I'd say by 12:00 it was crowded enough that we saw families searching a bit harder to find that right spot to sit.

Just got back from our cruise today. The beach was great! Taxi was $32 for the 8 of us in a large van. Getting a taxi is simple, just make your way to the taxi stand outside the cruise terminal. Rates are posted there, no need to negotiate. The ride back was the same.

We paid for the taxi and admission in dollars. We paid our tab with the credit card. FYI, admission is 3 dollars but the activities wrist band is now an additional $18. There were 6 ships in port and it was not super crowded. We got there at 10:30 and found a great location to sit. I'd say by 12:00 it was crowded enough that we saw families searching a bit harder to find that right spot to sit.

Thanks for the info on the price change. $3 each isn't going to break us, but I'll need to bring a little extra cash with us now.

Are there share options available at Paradise Beach? I can't be out in the sun but my family would enjoy beach time!

I think she/he was meaning shade not share.... I'd also like to know the answer too since I prefer to be in the shade.

• 1 month later...

Is the $18 wrist band for ALL ages including children? What all do you get for the wristband? Is it only the water toys?

Anyone know how deep the water is where the water toys are?

Also is there "any" snorkeling in this area? When I look at pictures online, I see "dark" spots in the water. I wasn't sure if that's sea grass or rocks or....?

Edited by mitsugirly

Mitsugirly, I would email Paradise Beach with your specific questions, I communicated with them via email prior to our visit last week and found them to be extremely responsive. We had a group of 8 adults and we spent our time at the pool (no one used the beach inflatables so just paid the $3 per person plus food/drink minimum) which we all found to be wonderful! Good luck, your reviews are always so helpful

Is the $18 wrist band for ALL ages including children? What all do you get for the wristband? Is it only the water toys?

$3 admission - not sure they will charge you for your little one? :confused: and another $15 for the water toys

Anyone know how deep the water is where the water toys are?

5 ft. plus - it is deep enough so that when 50 something guys like me, who are behaving like they are 18, dive off they will not hit the bottom. :o

Also is there "any" snorkeling in this area? When I look at pictures online, I see "dark" spots in the water. I wasn't sure if that's sea grass or rocks or....?

There is some snorkeling, but it is not very good. No beach area with sand and waves will offer good snorkeling, but you might see a few fish.

Have a great cruise! :)

$3 admission - not sure they will charge you for your little one? :confused: and another $15 for the water toys

There is some snorkeling, but it is not very good. No beach area with sand and waves will offer good snorkeling, but you might see a few fish.

Have a great cruise! :)

John, so they charge you the $18 for wrist bands AND another $15 for the water toys??? :eek:

Thanks for the other info. :)

John, so they charge you the $18 for wrist bands AND another $15 for the water toys??? :eek:

Thanks for the other info. :)

No it is $18 if you want the water toys, $3 without the water toys. That is the $15 difference. not $15 plus $18. It says a $10 food order is kindly requested. We are headed there next month but will not get the Fun Pass for the water toys. I have been there twice before. The first time I purchased the pass and the second time I didn't. I had a hard time climbing up on some of the toys. Just getting too old (was 59 the last time). One time we bought nachos and the other time nothing. We were not forced to buy anything.

Fun Pass $18 gets you the inflatable water toys, water mats, bungee-trampoline, kayaks, snorkel gear and paddle boards in addition to the pool, chairs, restrooms, etc.

My son said there were a lot of fish near the pier, otherwise not much else to see.

Edited by luv2trvlnow