my cheating....... with another ....line

newjoisey

:Dwe went on royal caribbean [anthem of the seas] nj to fla.and nassau [7days]. ......short version stay with cunard but do not rule out RC if it is priced right. bear in mind i am not capt pugnwash ,he is a very talented writer,i am not:p. we have 10 or so cruises with cunard and i will offer my opine of the 2 lines ......car service took us to bayonne dock [driver said easier than redhook] out of the car on to the ship [checking in] cunard and rc equally fast. qm2 is older than the anthem so comparing them would not be fair although i wonder if the anthem will look as good as qm2 in that amount of time.anthem is high tech so it gets a point there. it has qm2 version of kings chaos court with better food BUT they [rc]struggle to keep it clean. partly imho because the supervisors do not do their job and the type of passengers.cunard gets many points here. there is no need for a tux or suit on the anthem......read whatever you want into that.excursions are much better run by cunard .there are lines for lines on the anthem for onboard things like boggie board surfing,roller skating ,bumper cars etc......my wife decided to try 95% of them....she is still sore.:o. there are places where you can just relax quietly and nice shows. our cabin was noisy until the childcare center closed....did not stop us from sleeping but....the anthem,just like the qm2 obeys the laws of physics...meaning it has motion from the sea.....maybe the anthem has a slight edge.bottom line if you can stand a very relaxed dress code and children,crowds try rc. we may go back with them....may. we are looking forward 2 week QV trip next month.....i just hope cunard will forgive my little fling:D

Thank you for reporting back. Royal Carib. does not appeal to me, I don't go aboard a ship for those activities. To each his own. It all depends on what you are looking for, what your expectations are and of course price and destination.

Hi newjoisey,

From my observation (of Lifetime movies :) ) it is the confession, not the indiscretion, which gets people into trouble.

It is a good thing we write incognito here. (I picture you actually living in California and driving a VW beetle.)

But, as Bell Boy pointed out: an honest review is always appreciated.

It isn't like you LOVED RCI, the way you obviously love Cunard.

Welcome home. All is forgiven!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I enjoyed reading it.

Jimmybean

Hi newjoisey,

From my observation (of Lifetime movies :) ) it is the confession, not the indiscretion, which gets people into trouble.

It is a good thing we write incognito here. (I picture you actually living in California and driving a VW beetle.)

But, as Bell Boy pointed out: an honest review is always appreciated.

It isn't like you LOVED RCI, the way you obviously love Cunard.

Welcome home. All is forgiven!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I enjoyed reading it.

Jimmybean

your welcome. i am really from new jersey and after 30 years of racing corvettes it was time to slow down......so i bought a porsch:eek::confused:

My finger hovered over the mouse button for an RC cruise last week. I was looking for an itinerary up the Australian East coast in 2017. Cunard would never dream of it, just a couple of hops as part of a world cruise. Celebrity had the perfect cruise, but it sold out before I even knew it was available. None of the smaller premium lines had anything to offer.

Royal had a pretty good 12 days on offer and prices were (very) tempting but no, I just don't want to spend time on a ship of 4000 people with a climbing wall and a water slide I'll never use. I've been spoilt now and it's making the options very narrow.

your welcome. i am really from new jersey and after 30 years of racing corvettes it was time to slow down......so i bought a porsch:eek::confused:

I am taking your word for it, newjoisey :)

Happy Sailing (and fun driving)!

Jimmybean