Canadian Cruisers Alert for Onboard Credit

Hi there,

It has been a while since I have been on here and I seem to remember something a Canadian cruiser posted about being able to place an onboard credit into your account so that you will have money waiting for you on the ship. It is supposed to be cheaper for the conversion.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I can't find that thread about it from a while ago.

Thank!:)

Comet Cruiser

• 2 months later...
We bought some a week ago at 1.10 the catch was we needed to change more than $500 at a time to get that rate. We did $1000US on each cruise and it cost me $1100CAD each.

Much better than Princess.... at 1.35-1.40....

Are you sure it was just a week ago? It was Jan 7th that the rate went up to 1.40 and no one on the main thread has reported being able to get it at any other rate?

Actually one person did but received a call back that their was an error and that the trabpnsaction was reversed. It happened only because they had already purchased some OBC prior to Jan 7th.

We bought some a week ago at 1.10 the catch was we needed to change more than $500 at a time to get that rate. We did $1000US on each cruise and it cost me $1100CAD each.

Much better than Princess.... at 1.35-1.40....

Are you sure that's what was charged to your credit card in the end? Because several people have been quoted the 1.10 exchange rate only to find out later that the actual exchange rate was higher and they were charged more. This would be great if it's true though!

I've already posted this in the Canadian thread but this morning the rate to buy U.S. from the TD Bank is 1.3875, which is certainly a little bit cheaper than what RCI is charging right now. I don't think we're going to see RCI offer $1.10 again for quite some time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
They're now at $1.50. :(

Kind of shocked, and regretting my gratuity pre-payment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gratuities are still at 1.23. You are doing the conversion wrong.

$12.95 US x exchange rate of 1.23 is $15.90 CDN

Buying $12.95 US @ bank rate of 1.36 would be $17.61 CDN.

Still a better deal through Royal.

I believe the person above said they only got the 1.1 deal because they bought $1,000. Has anyone tried this high of an amount? If that's the case, I would purchase it as I have 3 upcoming cruises to pay for in 12 months.

I believe the person above said they only got the 1.1 deal because they bought $1,000. Has anyone tried this high of an amount? If that's the case, I would purchase it as I have 3 upcoming cruises to pay for in 12 months.

There was a report of someone recently getting the 1.1 OBC rate but it was because they had already bought OBC at that rate last year and it caused a glitch in Royals system that was corrected.

• 2 years later...
Is the rate reflected on purchasing OBC the same rate it shows in the cruse planner with OBC received for booking ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, they are set independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums