2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

We are! Not sure what to put yet, but Carnival allows the ones from Shindigz. We are going to hang a sharpie from it and have people sign it as they walk by, and put where they are from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a super cute idea! I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw the letter saying we couldn't hang anything, LOL!

We just got married on NCL Getaway 3 weeks ago. It's difficult to bring things on the ship with arms full, so try to stick to minimal things. The only thing we brought were our guest book (a giant anchor), our thank you favors, flower girl basket w/ fake petals, a ring box, card box, a sign one of my flower girls held as she walked, and our OOT bags for our sailing guests. The ship is decoration enough. Our coordinators put our favors in the shape of an anchor and made the table beautiful (see photo below). I did not feel like any decor was missing.

a9ad80b2c4e1dff96aacad9c505804db.jpg70c33b2259eb1e3509cacdb85c32b134.jpg

I will also be getting married on the Getaway this October. Where on the ship did you have your ceremony? Do you have any tips or suggestions?

I will also be getting married on the Getaway this October. Where on the ship did you have your ceremony? Do you have any tips or suggestions?

If you'd like, email me sntersigni at gmail

I can share a lot with you [emoji4]

I had considered the sand ceremony but I like the idea of surprising them with something special. I just don't know what since my boys are almost grown and my future stepdaughter is so young.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Have you checked out My Family Medallion? It gives each of the kids a jewelry keepsake as part of the ceremony.

Hey guys! For those of you that are already married, did you order your flower arrangements from carnival or did you bring everything on with you? Like the bride/bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres?

On NCL you are not allowed to bring live flowers. We purchased all flowers through them. They were perfect feet and beautiful!

On NCL you are not allowed to bring live flowers. We purchased all flowers through them. They were perfect feet and beautiful!

Same with carnival, only silk flowers. It just seemed like their prices were kind of expensive so I was looking into bringing my own.

Same with carnival, only silk flowers. It just seemed like their prices were kind of expensive so I was looking into bringing my own.

lol it's too early, I did not mean to type feet!

They were pricey, but I believe it was worth it, especially to have a little less of a headache.

I did bring silk petals for my flower girl. I bought a cheap bag on oriental trading and that was it. Up close you could tell they were poor quality, but that was the LAST thing anyone looked at.

lol it's too early, I did not mean to type feet!

They were pricey, but I believe it was worth it, especially to have a little less of a headache.

I did bring silk petals for my flower girl. I bought a cheap bag on oriental trading and that was it. Up close you could tell they were poor quality, but that was the LAST thing anyone looked at.

Yeah that's what my fiancé was saying. Less stuff to bring on the ship. I was definitely doing silk petals for my flower girl. Thank you for your input.

Yeah that's what my fiancé was saying. Less stuff to bring on the ship. I was definitely doing silk petals for my flower girl. Thank you for your input.

You're welcome [emoji4] it is definitely a lot of work to bring everything on and off, and we didn't have that many things to bring on, so less is more!

I'm getting married with Carnival and using the free Bridal flowers and boutonniere and had a silk arrangement and boutonniere's made for my daughter and our sons to bring. Much less expensive.

I'm getting married with Carnival and using the free Bridal flowers and boutonniere and had a silk arrangement and boutonniere's made for my daughter and our sons to bring. Much less expensive.

Which bridal flowers are free? I know the arrangements were included for the ceremony.

Which bridal flowers are free? I know the arrangements were included for the ceremony.

The free bridal bouquet is all white (small and dinky) in my opinion. I'm not into flowers like that, so we will be purchasing a full bouquet of silks from Etsy.

The free bridal bouquet is all white (small and dinky) in my opinion. I'm not into flowers like that, so we will be purchasing a full bouquet of silks from Etsy.

We are booked under the new package and the bridal bouquet is no longer included. I was thinking of doing silk and bringing everything on board with us but ordering through carnival sounds easier and less stress.

That really sucks they don't give a bouquet! NCL made my bouquet custom (using coral roses and white roses like I asked- and all coral from my bridesmaids) and didn't charge me a penny more for the customization. I loved them! db120872fa976be302c18061add49c29.jpg

That really sucks they don't give a bouquet! NCL made my bouquet custom (using coral roses and white roses like I asked- and all coral from my bridesmaids) and didn't charge me a penny more for the customization. I loved them! db120872fa976be302c18061add49c29.jpg

Your bouquet is really pretty. Carnival charges extra to change the color of the roses.

Your bouquet is really pretty. Carnival charges extra to change the color of the roses.

Thank you! I was very thankful they did not charge extra. I did have to pay for the bridal party flowers, but there was not an upcharge.

We are booked under the new package and the bridal bouquet is no longer included. I was thinking of doing silk and bringing everything on board with us but ordering through carnival sounds easier and less stress.

Really?! It's not included? That's kinda ****ty. We booked our package in May 2016, and I know they have changed (food wise) but I guess I didn't look at the whole package. [emoji20]

Really?! It's not included? That's kinda ****ty. We booked our package in May 2016, and I know they have changed (food wise) but I guess I didn't look at the whole package. [emoji20]

Yes this new package they changed a few things. No ice sculpture anymore, cake topper or bridal bouquet.

Any of the other Carnival brides have a consultant/planner who isn't great about keeping in touch/communicating? I've noticed a decline in how responsive our planner is the closer my wedding gets - I'm not sure if it's just that time of year, or if I should be concerned.

Any of the other Carnival brides have a consultant/planner who isn't great about keeping in touch/communicating? I've noticed a decline in how responsive our planner is the closer my wedding gets - I'm not sure if it's just that time of year, or if I should be concerned.

Carnival takes a few days to reply sometimes she'll reply the next day. My wedding isn't until December so I haven't had to contact her that much yet.

Carnival takes a few days to reply sometimes she'll reply the next day. My wedding isn't until December so I haven't had to contact her that much yet.

I've had the few-day response time, especially in the beginning. Lately my planner has been taking 10+ days to respond - which is concerning when it's me sending in my final guest list/payment, or my cake selections. I wound up just calling and talking to another representative who was quite helpful.

My wedding is two weeks from Sunday, and I just got informed of my ceremony/reception locations and times! My ceremony will be at the Limelight Lounge, and reception will be at the Liquid Lounge (this is all on the Vista).