Bring a 6 pack of coke on board???

Max49

We have a cruise booked for Mar. 19. I called Princess and the first fellow told I can bring sealed bottled water on board but not Coke or Soda.

I cruised Princess last Feb and I was almost positive I brought on coke. He said he was positive this has always been that way and you can only buy soda on board.

I asked Google (who know most every thing) and she said we can bring on soda, most came from Cruise Critic but they were dated 2010, 2011, 2013 was the newest.

Then I called Princess back and talked to Judy this time and she said I can bring coke on as long as it is in a sealed containers.

So I'd like to ask here, where I almost always get correct information.

Thanks in advance for learning me,

Max

We have a cruise booked for Mar. 19.I called Princess and the first fellow told I can bring sealed bottled water on board but not Coke or Soda.

I cruised Princess last Feb and I was almost positive I brought on coke. He said he was positive this has always been that way and you can only buy soda on board.

I asked Google (who know most every thing) and she said we can bring on soda, most came from Cruise Critic but they were dated 2010, 2011, 2013 was the newest.

Then I called Princess back and talked to Judy this time and she said I can bring coke on as long as it is in a sealed containers.

Max

Its never been that way. You can bring on as much soda as you like.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We have a cruise booked for Mar. 19. I called Princess and the first fellow told I can bring sealed bottled water on board but not Coke or Soda.

Max

Awesome and Thanks, it funny how some their own phone answerers don't know what they are talking about.

Several months ago the updated Cruise Answer Book added some new water & soda limitations. However many upset passengers questioned the changes & Princess cancelled the changes but apparently that agent didn't get the latest update.

Max

I was on the Royal Princess in Jan. 2015 and I brought a six pack of Coke no problem.

Tony

I'll admit up front that I don't know what the difference would be in cost, but why would you want to bring on Coke, when Coke is the cola that's sold on Princess, and probably every other cruise line. Since I don't like Coke, I do bring on a case or so of Pepsi Next. Sometimes, depending on the itinerary, I'll just bring on a couple 6-packs and then replenish my stash at one or two of the stops along the way..

I'll admit up front that I don't know what the difference would be in cost, but why would you want to bring on Coke, when Coke is the cola that's sold on Princess, and probably every other cruise line. Since I don't like Coke, I do bring on a case or so of Pepsi Next. Sometimes, depending on the itinerary, I'll just bring on a couple 6-packs and then replenish my stash at one or two of the stops along the way..

It costs $2.25 for a can of soda on the ship & can get a 12 pack at the store for $3 on sale so cost is a factor. My wife prefers Coke Zero which is not available onboard so sometimes she brings it to enjoy during her cruise.

Thanks every one , this is all good news.

For who asked why I would bring coke on when they sell it on the ship , it's because I just used Coke as an example of soda but since the ships are so proud of their drinks, I like to save where I can.

Max

When we cruised to Hawaii, we brought 2 six packs, when we arrived in Honolulu we picked up another 3 six packs, and never had a problem bringing them aboard.

Several months ago the updated Cruise Answer Book added some new water & soda limitations. However many upset passengers questioned the changes & Princess cancelled the changes but apparently that agent didn't get the latest update.

Maybe....

This copy of the cruise answer book still says one cannot bring soda.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

I have a (bad) feeling, that it is coming...

Copy and Pasted: Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.

I truly hope they don't implement it in the future. We always purchase a coffee card, enjoy a martini in Crooners before dinner and buy frou frou drinks poolside. However, DH likes his caffeine free Diet Coke which is not sold onboard. Clearly, it won't ruin his vacation if he can't have it but he only indulges in soda when he's on vacation.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Copy and Pasted: Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.

Can anyone confirm from a recent sailing whether they were able to bring soft drinks and water onboard?

As recently as Nov 20 on the Royal they didn't question it. My cans could have been beer for all they cared.

There were also 16 oz bottles in the suitcase & no one questioned what they contained either.

Can anyone confirm from a recent sailing whether they were able to bring soft drinks and water onboard?

As I posted above, 6 weeks ago on CB we were able to carry on soda and saw many people doing the same thing with soda and bottled water.

As recently as Nov 20 on the Royal they didn't question it. My cans could have been beer for all they cared.

There were also 16 oz bottles in the suitcase & no one questioned what they contained either.

As I posted above, 6 weeks ago on CB we were able to carry on soda and saw many people doing the same thing with soda and bottled water.

Thanks! I actually went back and reread all the posts that answered my question and then edited my comment - but obviously not soon enough!:o