Drink Package questions...

Hello ~ sorry in advance if this is a recently asked question, I didn't find it in the search function.

We have been cruising Carnival and decided to try Royal this March. On Carnival, all people over 21 who share a stateroom must purchase the alcohol package if one wants it. I could not find that rule anywhere on RCCL Website. So ~ if the hubby wants to enjoy his drinks and I really don't drink much at all, is he allowed to purchase one of the packages and NOT be forced to buy one for me?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages. It looks like only difference is that with Premium you don't get coffee, tea and fresh squeezed juice? The cost difference is $10/pp! Can someone confirm this?

I may drink a cup or two of coffee a day and DH may drink juice with breakfast but that's about it. Can't you get coffee and juice as part of your meal at the buffets?

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages. It looks like only difference is that with Premium you don't get coffee, tea and fresh squeezed juice? The cost difference is $10/pp! Can someone confirm this?

I may drink a cup or two of coffee a day and DH may drink juice with breakfast but that's about it. Can't you get coffee and juice as part of your meal at the buffets?

Thanks!

You have most of the differences correct. One other difference is that the Ultimate package includes bottled sparkling water, which the Premium package does not.

You can get regular coffee 24 hours for no extra charge. Juices (from concentrate) are also free at breakfast.

You have most of the differences correct. One other difference is that the Ultimate package includes bottled sparkling water, which the Premium package does not.

You can get regular coffee 24 hours for no extra charge. Juices (from concentrate) are also free at breakfast.

I think I had 2 latte's on my last cruise and I can deal with juice from concentrate and $10 a day difference!

Now, can I purchase one of each - 1 Ultimate and 1 Premium? That way DH can get his fresh squeezed oj? And maybe I can sneak a latte on the first morning, LOL!! :-)

I think I had 2 latte's on my last cruise and I can deal with juice from concentrate and $10 a day difference!

Now, can I purchase one of each - 1 Ultimate and 1 Premium? That way DH can get his fresh squeezed oj? And maybe I can sneak a latte on the first morning, LOL!! :-)

Yes, you can purchase one of each. Royal does not require all adults in a stateroom to purchase the same (or any) package.

So, we board at 8:30pm on Sat, May 27th and disembark Sat. June 4th. If you buy a drink package do they charge for both Saturdays?

Also, each of us has a $150 onboard credit. Can we use that toward our drink package? Then if so, I bet we have to wait to get onboard to purchase :)

Thanks!

So, we board at 8:30pm on Sat, May 27th and disembark Sat. June 4th. If you buy a drink package do they charge for both Saturdays?

Also, each of us has a $150 onboard credit. Can we use that toward our drink package? Then if so, I bet we have to wait to get onboard to purchase :)

Thanks!

They charge by the number of nights.

OBC can only be used onboard, so wait until you are on the ship to purchase your drink package. They won't run out.

You may not 'share' your drink packages.

Thanks!

Brewed coffee is free on a cruise. Simple tea like Lipton is free on a cruise. uice from concentrate is free on a cruise.

Those are not the things that are under Ultimate and Replenish.

Espresso-based drinks, Tazo-type brand teas, and fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings are the things that are included in Ultimate and Replenish.

If you don't drink those things, don't worry about the packages that include them.

I personally drink mainly water, so I'll get a water package (the Evian packages), and then pay for a latte/day out of pocket. Same for my occasional wine or beer.

!

Sadly, there will be no bars open on the Saturday that you disembark. No last Bloody Mary to end the vacation. [emoji22][emoji22]

Sadly, there will be no bars open on the Saturday that you disembark. No last Bloody Mary to end the vacation. [emoji22][emoji22]

I wonder if they have specialty coffee available on the last day, if you have the Replenish or Ultimate packages.

I wonder if they have specialty coffee available on the last day, if you have the Replenish or Ultimate packages.

Yes it is, I have taken advantage of this on Freedom and Vision. In fact on Vision I was the last one servered, it closed around 8 or 8:30.

We had a last bloody mary on Freedom on our "disembark" day. The bar in the Windjammer was open. :-) Only reason we could drink is because we had the drink package. (No seapass cards could be used.) Maybe it's because we were close with the bartender Slojan - but he served us a couple of rounds. :)

• 5 weeks later...
You may not 'share' your drink packages.

Soooo....... if my husband purchases a beverage on his drink card, decides he doesn't care for this particular beverage then I'm not allowed to drink said drink while he returns to a bar to purchase a drink he may like better......?

Soooo....... if my husband purchases a beverage on his drink card, decides he doesn't care for this particular beverage then I'm not allowed to drink said drink while he returns to a bar to purchase a drink he may like better......?

Correct.

If he gets a drink with his drink package the rules say no one else can consume it.

Technically, that is against the rules. Realistically, as long as it's not a thing you do several times, I don't think anyone would care. DH and I both had packages but on the first day he ordered a drink and he didn't like it so he handed it to me in front of the bartender and the bartender didn't say anything or ask if I had the package. I guess if they said something you could just hand the drink back to them and tell them to throw it out. I found that they really don't check too closely unless they think you are deliberately "sharing" a package. I went to get myself a drink on my package and then purchase a drink for a friend who didn't have a package and the bartender just swiped my card twice, smiled, and didn't charge me for the drink I was going to pay for. I did tip him well, but I never expected or tried to get a "free" drink from them again. I did hear them talking to a couple who were trying to share a package and gave them a warning that if they did it again they would cancel the package with no refund. They were being pretty obvious about it though. The husband would go to the bar get a drink, give it to his wife, go back to the bar and order another one from the second bartender. I don't know what happened after that but hopefully they listened.

Not even joking... if they catch you sharing packages, they'll force you to buy the package as well

Espresso-based drinks, Tazo-type brand teas, and fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings are the things that are included in Ultimate and Replenish.

If you don't drink those things, don't worry about the packages that include them.

We went on Navigator last year and those coffee drinks were available 24 x 7 in the Diamond club. I'm going on Freedom in a couple of months, is it the same?

While I'm asking, I travel mostly on Celebrity, and with our Premium package, if we want to purchase a more expensive drink, like some of the single malt scotches and better wines, especially after dinner ports, we only have to pay the difference between the $12 max for the package and the cost of the drink. If you only have the "Classic" package, you have to pay the entire cost of any drink that the package doesn't cover. Are the rules similar on Royal Caribbean?

We went on Navigator last year and those coffee drinks were available 24 x 7 in the Diamond club. I'm going on Freedom in a couple of months, is it the same?

While I'm asking, I travel mostly on Celebrity, and with our Premium package, if we want to purchase a more expensive drink, like some of the single malt scotches and better wines, especially after dinner ports, we only have to pay the difference between the $12 max for the package and the cost of the drink. If you only have the "Classic" package, you have to pay the entire cost of any drink that the package doesn't cover. Are the rules similar on Royal Caribbean?

Freedom also has a Diamond Lounge woth 24 hour free specialty coffee.

Royal's packages work the same way, you only pay the difference when you get a more expensive drink than the package covers.

Edited by clarea

• 4 weeks later...

It's a situation where it comes down to "if it feels wrong, then it's probably wrong".

I'm going on a cruise next month. We got one drink package so far as I don't think I'll drink enough to break even. If we find that we're ordering second drinks often enough, I'll get a package on day 3 or 4. If I buy a beer and the girlfriend gets a daiquiri, drinks half of it, gets full and starts milking it, I'm not gonna sit there and let it go to waste. That being said, we're not gonna spend 14 hours a day in stealth mode going bar to bar. Tasting someone's drink is okay. Having the last few sips of a dying drink is okay. You're only in trouble if you do something to get yourself into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app