Regal - Mini Suite - Lido or Marina Deck

Rebels82

We were in M422 on the Royal, under the seaview bar. No issues from noise and no issues from gawkers. I wouldn't mind that cabin again. Although, it was far too much walking to go to the piazza for me. So, my preference would be to on a lower deck.

What I enjoyed most about the location on Marina was to be a close walk to the Retreat pool.

I was also in M422 but on the Regal. I wouldn't choose it again. It's right below the Seawalk so all our photos had the underside of the Seawalk in them. Lots of bottles/glasses dropping from the bartenders in the Seaview bar above. I know this because my aunt went up to see what in the world all that noise was and they were juggling glasses or something. It went on every day. Sounded like bowling balls dropping, but not that loud. Made me jump a few times, but overall not a big deal. (talk to my aunt and you'll get a different opinion!) Next time I'd choose the next deck down---not under public spaces.

I guess everyone is different. I was recently on the Regal in M616 directly under the Horizon Court and never heard any noise for the entire cruise. I did like the covered balcony, the Horizon Court actually extends another 6-8 feet past the balcony railing. My TA sailing had a lot of rain but I could still be out on the balcony because it was tucked up under the overhang. Really liked this location.

We just left the Regal last Sunday.

We had a mini suite in M231

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_z.jpgOur Cabin_2296 by Howard , on Flickr

The only slight noise we heard were our three grandchildren next door in M233

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin _3147 by Howard , on Flickr

Soft pillows on the floor for our 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter that rolled out of bed, never woke up and slept on the floor.

38242155412_71658494e4_z.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up_3155 by Howard , on Flickr

Everyone had a great time.

38215834176_f11dd23559_z.jpgThree of the best_2263 by Howard , on Flickr

We just got off the Regal on Sunday, and we had L225. I was hesitant about this cabin because of the 'noise' reviews. Here's my take: We loved being steps away from the pool; Mermaid's Bar, and the Horizon Bistro, Court. This was a nice surprise and so convenient!

The not so good, starting at 6:20 every morning, we could hear some booms, from above. Sounded like they were moving stacks of chairs, putting them down with a bang. Most mornings this woke me up, and I had white noise playing on my phone. White noise doesn't negate the booms from above. Some mornings I fell right back to sleep, and my husband didn't always hear it, but it woke him a few times.

We never heard the severe creaking that someone experienced earlier in this thread, from the same cabin. We had great weather so that is probably why.

I would book another Lido deck cabin, I didn't realize how much I'd love being so close the the pool/horizon court, but it was great! (YMMV!)

We just got off the Regal on Sunday, and we had L225. I was hesitant about this cabin because of the 'noise' reviews. Here's my take: We loved being steps away from the pool; Mermaid's Bar, and the Horizon Bistro, Court. This was a nice surprise and so convenient!

The not so good, starting at 6:20 every morning, we could hear some booms, from above. Sounded like they were moving stacks of chairs, putting them down with a bang. Most mornings this woke me up, and I had white noise playing on my phone. White noise doesn't negate the booms from above. Some mornings I fell right back to sleep, and my husband didn't always hear it, but it woke him a few times.

We never heard the severe creaking that someone experienced earlier in this thread, from the same cabin. We had great weather so that is probably why.

I would book another Lido deck cabin, I didn't realize how much I'd love being so close the the pool/horizon court, but it was great! (YMMV!)

i wonder why they banged for your trip but not mine. guess it shows it really is a crapshoot no matter how much research you do.

i wonder if the balconies under sanctuary would be less prone to moving chairs around.