How long to cabin assignment?

bayonne

I booked my Jan 9th cruise on Nov 24th. About that time on our roll call someone said they had booked a GTY and got their cabin assignment in a few weeks. I still don't have mine.

I'm pretending that the longer I wait, the better cabin I will get :)

That whole itin is a fiasco

While I love 14 day cruises what ncl did to the ba itin and by not correcting the itin online they must have lost lots of pax

The ports are great but it's just too long for most and the itin changes were not properly disclosed

Plus they never priced this itin right

I did the 12 day last Jan with my college kids and loved it but the extra 2 days plus the high price and they never did a true ksf like they did last year sent us to the gem for this year

I'm probably not alone either

Good luck with the fire sale ncl will be offering this week for the ba.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes I have never seen anything like the pricing and the itinerary for this cruise. On the one hand I wish we had waited and booked a balcony guarantee now but we booked a balcony in November and we have worked our way up into a minisuite and now were offered and incredible deal on a Haven suite. I'd probably never book a Haven suite from the get go so Im excited. We also got to keep our 2 perks from November.

I'm guessing that they are waiting to assign cabins until after they sell some more. Hoping that people waiting get nice spots. I bet they will with all the cabins available.

I'm trying to convince a newly widowed friend to come along. There are still studios available at $1099. That's a deal for a 14 day cruise!

I'm not sure how anyone can complain about this cruise. Pricing is exceptional, and the itinerary is nothing to sneeze at.

OP: Hope you end up with a great cabin!

Yes I agree awesome itinerary and the price is crazy good. OP, you will have an amazing time :) I hope you get an awesome cabin ;)

We are booked on the breakaway, January 3rd sailing. Still no assignment, we are guaranteed balcony. I did notice that there is a lot of available cabins. Could that be the reason?

Yes! Hoping you get a nice extended balcony! Are you on the roll call? There will be a meet and greet on Monday at 11 at La Cucina

I am considering re booking and getting a guarantee mini suite, but concerned about the location on the Breakaway. Deck 8 looks to be forward. Has anyone ever had a cabin so far forward and would you recommend this for a 14 day?

People on the 1/3/16 roll call are reporting that they are getting their assignments. Most who had minisuite guarantees are saying that they were assigned MB suites.

the cabins on deck 8 are forward but 8 is pretty low. when the ship moves it usually moves all over. LOL :)

These prices can'r be beat. mini suite guarantees are $1299pp

Balconies are down to $949pp

Edited by mamagina

Finally assigned cabin. MA mini on deck 14! Can anyone tell me about this type of cabin?

Congrats!!! We had one once. It is like the balcony cabin. The balcony is pretty much the same size. Maybe a little longer. Maybe just a tad wider but really it has a great bathroom with a really nice big shower with multiple sprays and a double sink. I think even a coffee maker.

What did you originally book? Was this an upgrade?? I hope so! Did you join the Roll call??