Oasis of the Seas 12-12-15 to 12-19-15

IDcruising

Hi!

Glad to hear that you had a good cruise.

My husband and I (both 40) will be aboard Oasis in about a month for a vacation without our four children. We haven't sailed with RCI in over a decade and certainly haven't been on a ship like Oasis!

Any absolute "must-do's" that you would recommend? Anything we should definitely avoid?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time!

Jill

Jill,

I would definitely recommend the up charge restaurants. We did Giovanni's, Chops, Central Park 150 ( they were out in Central Park giving a 30% discount , if you ate there right then and there. An employee came around, it was dead in the restaurant), and Izumi hibachi. If, you have not decide about the drink packages on day two they started offering 10 drinks for $79 which included the 18% tip. We tipped extra if they brought us drinks to table etc. I am not cheap, but keep in mind there is about $127 worth of tips on the drink package. RC needs to come up with a better way, you do feel obligated to give extra tips. I did tip a lot extra on the drink package for good service.

I was on that sailing also. By far the nicest group of passengers I have encountered to date on the mega ships.

Just curious.. Did you by chance have early dining? The second formal night the music was so loud that a large number of people got up and left. I have never experienced that before

Was the information about the $79 for 10 drinks in the daily or did you find out about it from the bars?

Also did you happen to use internet? I have to work while on vacation :-( was it fairly fast?(If you used)

Hi, I was on the same cruise and used the internet on my I phone and it was excellent.

Jill,

I would definitely recommend the up charge restaurants. We did Giovanni's, Chops, Central Park 150 ( they were out in Central Park giving a 30% discount , if you ate there right then and there. An employee came around, it was dead in the restaurant), and Izumi hibachi. If, you have not decide about the drink packages on day two they started offering 10 drinks for $79 which included the 18% tip. We tipped extra if they brought us drinks to table etc. I am not cheap, but keep in mind there is about $127 worth of tips on the drink package. RC needs to come up with a better way, you do feel obligated to give extra tips. I did tip a lot extra on the drink package for good service.

was there a price limit on the drinks? I understand that with the packages there is a dollar value per drink.