Thoughts on the "ROYAL REPLENISH PACKAGE"

AlanaZah

Hi Everyone!

I'm a first time RCCL cruiser. I'm not a big alcoholic drinker, but I do like to have a Pina Colada every once in a while, when onboard. Since I'm not big on alcoholic drinks I figured this might be a good package to take. It said it includes premium coffee, premium tea, and bottled water, including sparkling and still.

Does premium coffee include the Starbucks onboard or not?

Has anyone purchased this package, if yes, was it worth it for you?

Thank you!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a first time RCCL cruiser. I'm not a big alcoholic drinker, but I do like to have a Pina Colada every once in a while, when onboard. Since I'm not big on alcoholic drinks I figured this might be a good package to take. It said it includes premium coffee, premium tea, and bottled water, including sparkling and still.

Thank you!

it does not cover allure/oasis starbucks but It does cover the other coffee shops on board. I believe the first time I did the royal replenishment It was starbucks brand coffee they used and the 2nd time was Seattles best.

If you drink a bunch of frappuccinos and virgin drinks it would be worth it. plus you can stock up on Water bottles for the ports.

Bonjour, and welcome to CC.

My wife almost always gets this drink package. She might buy a real drink once every two days or so. She does get many bottles of water, pop, and virgin frozen drinks. She likes the package. We are D+ and she never come close to using her 3 free drinks every night as well as drinks in the lounge.

I hope this helps.

Hi Everyone!

Thank you!

I love the Royal Refreshment package and always purchase it now. I had the alcohol package once and found by the 4th day, I had had enough of it personally and needed to detox for a week. Much prefer the non-alcoholic package at 1/3 the cost (and it includes fresh squeezed juices and cappuccinos and lattes as well, which the alcoholic package does not (unless you pay an extra $10 per day again)).

Great value for the non-alcohol drinker or if you are fine with just bringing aboard a couple bottles of wine as we do.

Have a great 1st RCCL cruise.

The virgin Pina Colada is yummmm!!!

I bought the Royal Replenish package on our last cruise and my hubby was going to just pay as he went, but then took notice of what I'd been trying to tell him ... that the package would work out cheaper!! Loved the frozen virgin mocktails!!

I love the Royal Refreshment package and always purchase it now. I had the alcohol package once and found by the 4th day, I had had enough of it personally and needed to detox for a week. Much prefer the non-alcoholic package at 1/3 the cost (and it includes fresh squeezed juices and cappuccinos and lattes as well, which the alcoholic package does not (unless you pay an extra $10 per day again)).

Great value for the non-alcohol drinker or if you are fine with just bringing aboard a couple bottles of wine as we do.

Have a great 1st RCCL cruise.

Royal Refreshment package is just a soda package, the package you are referring to with the fresh juices and specialty coffees is the Royal Replenishment package.

I got the replenish package on my last cruise and took full advantage of it. I don't drink very much alcohol but I did enjoy the frozen virgin drinks. We had lava flows frequently at the pool and at activities, and I didn't mind paying out of pocket for the occasional alcoholic drink -- I think I only had one hard cider and one margarita the entire week.

Def going to buy the replenish package again on my next cruise in May. This time I'm going to take more advantage of the bottled water and the fresh juices. The fresh OJ is hard to find on Allure. [emoji52]

Royal Refreshment package is just a soda package, the package you are referring to with the fresh juices and specialty coffees is the Royal Replenishment package.

Thanks for pointing this out. These two names are so utterly meaningless and totally confusing. Remember the big brouhaha this summer when RCI ran a promo -- buy one Ultimate Beverage Package and get one Royal Refreshment package free? Except that the initial flyer released by RCI itself said get one Royal Replenishment package free. Their own people can't keep the names straight. (The thread over this mixup and the fallout went on for days and day.)

I wish RCI would take a cue from other cruise lines and give these packages names that make sense and don't confuse people. E.g., call the Royal Replenishment package the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package; totally descriptive and easy to remember what it is.

OP: welcome to Cruise Critic. To answer your question, I had the Replenishment package a few months ago on the Anthem TA, 8 nights, no ports. I thought it was worth it to not nickel and dime myself. I enjoy having sparkling water with my meals, and a virgin drink every now and then, including a virgin Colada. No need for the rum in my case. Freshly squeezed OJ at breakfast was nice too.

Note that in order to use the Freestyle soda machine, you have to have your mug with you. It's PITA to carry it around and I rarely did. (I'm sure RCI counts on that to save money.)

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

I love this package an intend to keep getting it every cruise. Depending on what ship you're on, you'll be able to get specialty coffees at either Cafe Promenade or Caffe Latte-tudes. Both make great coffee :) I also enjoy the virgin frozen mojitos and sparkling water.

OP I think it's been covered, but just in case....

On Oasis and Allure there is both a brand-name Starbucks espresso kiosk (where NO drinks package is accepted) and a non-branded espresso kiosk (where the espresso/specialty coffee-containing packages are accepted).

So if you're on Oasis or Allure, there's a Starbucks onboard but you can't use the package there. If you're on another ship, there's no Starbucks so you can't use it there. :) But you can use it on all ships at the unbranded espresso kiosk.

2 Skim Milk Lattes-$7

1 Orange Juice-$3

Frozen Avalanche-$4

3-4 Mineral waters-$7

3 Waters-$6

1 Diet Coke -$2

After dinner Cappuchino-$3

Prices are approximate- but you get the idea

:D

OP, ifyou can drink that much liquid in a day, Replenish is terrific. I'm filled to the brim with the water I need to drink and a latte and the occasional out-of-pocket booze drink; I've tried to drink my fill with Replenish and haven't yet gotten to the per day level. I don't plan to get Replenish again.

Thanks for pointing this out. These two names are so utterly meaningless and totally confusing. Remember the big brouhaha this summer when RCI ran a promo -- buy one Ultimate Beverage Package and get one Royal Refreshment package free? Except that the initial flyer released by RCI itself said get one Royal Replenishment package free. Their own people can't keep the names straight. (The thread over this mixup and the fallout went on for days and day.)

I wish RCI would take a cue from other cruise lines and give these packages names that make sense and don't confuse people. E.g., call the Royal Replenishment package the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package; totally descriptive and easy to remember what it is.

I hadn't seen that kerfluffle.

Of course, there is no such thing as the "ReplenishMENT" package. There is Refreshment and Replenish.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I love it. It works perfectly for me. I drink a TON of water and coffee. We (both of us had replenish) would go through at least 6-8 bottles of water each per day plus 3 lattes or cappuccinos. I think I had a ginger ale one night as well. We really got our money's worth with bottled water and coffee. Ship water makes my legs swell horribly so it's all bottled water for me.

Most folks won't have such a high water tab, so think about how much coffee, juice and mock-tails you'll have in a day.

The only thing I don't like about this package is that you get fountain sodas not canned. Celebrity's premium non-alcoholic package includes canned sodas. I don't drink alcohol or coffee and still trying to decide if I should buy the package for my next cruise. With access to the suite and diamond lounges don't know if is worth my money.

The only thing I don't like about this package is that you get fountain sodas not canned. Celebrity's premium non-alcoholic package includes canned sodas. I don't drink alcohol or coffee and still trying to decide if I should buy the package for my next cruise. With access to the suite and diamond lounges don't know if is worth my money.

Unfortunately no drink package on RCI includes canned soda. Without coffee or soda you would be able to have:

Still bottled water

Sparkling bottled water

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Virgin cocktails

Hope this helps with your decision :)

Edited by BekkaW

Of course, there is no such thing as the "ReplenishMENT" package. There is Refreshment and Replenish.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thanks for correcting my error. Further proof that the names are totally meaningless, made up, non descriptive, and confusing! :)

OP I think it's been covered, but just in case....

On Oasis and Allure there is both a brand-name Starbucks espresso kiosk (where NO drinks package is accepted) and a non-branded espresso kiosk (where the espresso/specialty coffee-containing packages are accepted).

So if you're on Oasis or Allure, there's a Starbucks onboard but you can't use the package there. If you're on another ship, there's no Starbucks so you can't use it there. :) But you can use it on all ships at the unbranded espresso kiosk.

:D

OP, ifyou can drink that much liquid in a day, Replenish is terrific. I'm filled to the brim with the water I need to drink and a latte and the occasional out-of-pocket booze drink; I've tried to drink my fill with Replenish and haven't yet gotten to the per day level. I don't plan to get Replenish again.

I hadn't seen that kerfluffle.

Last December the Royal Replenish worked at Starbucks so this is a change - did read it though not sure why. You can use your Starbucks awards i heard though but not sure. Do not think it was usage issue on my cruise was almost never a wait to get your Starbucks

Unfortunately no drink package on RCI includes canned soda. Without coffee or soda you would be able to have:

Still bottled water

Sparkling bottled water

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Virgin cocktails

Hope this helps with your decision :)

Unless the bar you are at runs out of that specific fountain soda, and they are pouring from cans. It does happen occasionally.:)

The virgin Pina Colada is yummmm!!!

I bought the Royal Replenish package on our last cruise and my hubby was going to just pay as he went, but then took notice of what I'd been trying to tell him ... that the package would work out cheaper!! Loved the frozen virgin mocktails!!

We pre-purchased the RR package as well. Any idea what Royal charges for a shot of Rum ? I'm not a big drinker. Thinking of adding an occasional shot to a virgin mocktail.

I have just been looking at drinks package costs today.

My last 2 cruises I had premium package but this time I think we are going for replenish. We are on a 2 week med cruise and price difference is over £300 ($450) each. I found I preferred frozen virgin cocktails during day as they were more refreshing that alcohol versions. I will just pay for any extra alcoholic drinks we decide to have - glass of wine at dinner probably once I have used 2 carry on bottles.

I have just been looking at drinks package costs today.

My last 2 cruises I had premium package but this time I think we are going for replenish. We are on a 2 week med cruise and price difference is over £300 ($450) each. I found I preferred frozen virgin cocktails during day as they were more refreshing that alcohol versions. I will just pay for any extra alcoholic drinks we decide to have - glass of wine at dinner probably once I have used 2 carry on bottles.

That's exactly what I do. I'm not a big drinker and I enjoy the fact that I can get an espresso or two in the morning and bottles of water throughout the day as well.

Edited by pandaball
No speel gud