Caribbean princess port change

Pati

Wow, this is in direct contrast to the posts about a prior cruise asserting that Princess NEVER provides an alternate port when one is cancelled.

I'm glad they were able to get an alternate port in later in the cruise.

Have fun!

Can you point to the post where somebody said that Princess NEVER provides an alternate port?

They chose not to provide an alternate port last week and I'm happy for the New Year's pax who will not have to endure a week of Captain Nick chasing CB's oversized tail.

Edited by nealstuber

When the Grand was "broken" in the Hawaiian Islands this December, they missed Hilo, Lahaina, and Nawiliwili. Instead, they did an overnight in Honolulu. This was approved by the Harbor Master because there was no other cruise ship due in for a couple of days. There was a container ship "parked" behind them. And harbor dredging had to be rescheduled. But this was an emergency and required the overnight to make the repairs and get Coast Guard sign off.

Most ports are scheduled months/years in advance. Most ports have a yearly schedule posted. By the way...for Honolulu Harbor, the cruise ship company/captain make the decision to dock at the old or new terminal. I am so saddened by the take over of Aloha Towers and that ships rarely dock there anymore. Such an iconic and historical location.

Edited by cr8tiv1

I am so saddened by the take over of Aloha Towers and that ships rarely dock there anymore. Such an iconic and historical location.

Interesting to know. Thanks for the info. Now have a better understanding of why Honolulu docking assignments are done how they are done. And, why we may be where we are on our upcoming cruise.

BTW, I see, as of a few minutes ago, there are a few available, although stupidly high priced, cabins available for our Hawaii out of LA on 1-9-16 cruise. Splurge and come along with us, we would like to see you again.;)

Edited by ar1950

On January 1, 2 NCL ships, 1 RCCL ship and 1 CCL ship are scheduled to be in Cozumel. Therefore there is room for another ship to use Puerta Maya (actually two more) which is the port that Carnival Corp uses. Since there will only be 15,286 pax on the 4 ships, there will be excursions available.

Hopefully the CB will be able to call on Roatan and Belize this time.