keep OBB credit when downgrading?

karmacats

DH and I are currently booked in a GS on Allure in May but are thinking of downgrading to a balcony. We booked this onboard so have a $200 OBB credit. If we downgrade the room, will we keep the credit (though reduced to $100 because of the room now being a balcony rather than a suite)?

Also, there is now a $300 OBC under the current specials. I know it's not combinable with C&A, which is fine. But does anyone know a) if it's combinable with the OBB credit and b) whether we would be eligible for it since we are just changing categories? The balcony is way more expensive than it was when we first booked the GS, so i would hope we'd at least get the $300 credit out of it, since royal uses the current price rather than the time of original booking - i'd consider this a "repricing" and therefore hope the credit is available, but who knows.

I've run into a ton of C&A reps lately who have given me bad info - i would have lost $100 on a cancelled booking if i didn't know any better - so i figured i'd get some cruise critic info before calling to change rooms. You guys are awesome. :D

As long as you keep the same booking number, you won't lose the OBC from booking on board.

You should be able to get the $100 OBC for booking onboard AND the $300 OBC for booking a balcony. If you are eligible for a C and A balcony discount that is NOT combinable with the $300 OBC offer.

Thank you both!

I'll have to have them override the C&A discount because the $300 OBC is better (we're emerald, and within 6 mos of the cruise, so our C&A discount isn't much) - hopefully that won't be an issue.

We are going to call tonight to do the downgrade when DH gets home from work. Kind of bummed, but oh well. Life happens. :p

Thank you both!

I'll have to have them override the C&A discount because the $300 OBC is better (we're emerald, and within 6 mos of the cruise, so our C&A discount isn't much) - hopefully that won't be an issue.

We are going to call tonight to do the downgrade when DH gets home from work. Kind of bummed, but oh well. Life happens. :p

Call the C & A number, not the general number.

800-526-9723

:)

Call the C & A number, not the general number.

800-526-9723

:)

Just did it. :)

Luckily this time I got someone who was informed. Kept my OBB credit (reduced to $100 from $200 as expected) and she had no problem giving me the $300 OBC instead of the C&A discount.

I'd never downgraded before - I'm glad it went smoothly. And hopefully this info will help someone else if they ever need to downgrade.

We also got a center-hump D2, so I'm pretty pleased with that, all things considered. Now I just have to see if i can convince our stateroom attendant to put a lounge chair out there. :p (or, more accurately, convince security, as they are the ones who usually put the kaibosh on that...)