Elevator death on the Ecstasy

ComradeRyan

Only thing about this story that is "news" is that so many think its real. Utterly fake. Blood does not drip like that.

I hope you are joking. How do you know how blood drips? Have you seen a lot of dead people bleeding out? A little blood goes a long way.

I have seen my share (and I don't exactly like it). Look at my screen name. It doesn't mean I like fuzzy handcuffs in the bedroom.

Correct. Never said anything about money. I don't want to take advantage of a tragedy like this. I just know that my children have been affected by what they saw and may need some help in processing/coping with what happened.

wrong log in

Edited by tropicaltripper

Came across this article and video this morning. Apparently an electrician on the ship died. A passenger took video of blood running down the elevator door. Not a lot of details have been released.

What a terrible tragedy for the crew member and his family. I'm not sure I agree with how the guy taking the video handled it though... My first reaction wouldn't be to take cell phone video.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/swfl-couple-shows-video-of-bloody-mystery-on-carnival-cruise-ship

I agree, it is disgusting that this couple not only took video, but sent it to the media. It makes me sick. Their morbid curiosity is disgusting. Someone died in an awful accident and for them to be getting attention for it is beyond comprehension. And if it was "so horrible" for them, why did they not leave the scene like they were asked to do? Or even see if there was something they could do to help, rather than stand there and shoot video? I am glad I do not know them, they sure are not the kind of people I would want to associate with. And now, that poor man's family has to be subjected to their sick video. If I was Carnival, I wouldn't let them on another ship!

Prayers for the family of the crew member who lost his life. And shame on any media outlet showing this video or picture! Could be their family member one day....:(

Totally agree and I said so in one of the chat rooms... This needs to be removed.. How horrible... why would anyone post it .. :(

Why should it be removed? WH]ho are you to decide what other people should or shouldn't watch?

Just don't click on it if you don't wish to see it ... simple as that.

Edited by F27TW

That's a little harsh. It's perfectly normal for a person to need professional assistance when witnessing and/or being part of a tragic event. If her kids saw the seen in person, I can imagine them needing some help. Goodness. Alot of people can be legitimately traumatized. Even if you have good parents. SMH.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Whether or not one needs therapy from witnessing this event, it's not Carnival's responsibility to provide for it. It would be appropriate for them to provide therapy for their crew members who dealt with rescuing this electrician and witnessed his death. But as for bystanders who came upon this after the fact, no. Just as others have said, one can witness an accident or death anywhere. I'm sick of folks looking for remuneration or freebies every time you turn around. As for the one who filmed this even on his phone, it obviously didn't traumatize him to do so and I'll bet he got some kind of compensation for turning the video over to the local news.

Whether or not one needs therapy from witnessing this event, it's not Carnival's responsibility to provide for it. It would be appropriate for them to provide therapy for their crew members who dealt with rescuing this electrician and witnessed his death. But as for bystanders who came upon this after the fact, no. Just as others have said, one can witness an accident or death anywhere. I'm sick of folks looking for remuneration or freebies every time you turn around. As for the one who filmed this even on his phone, it obviously didn't traumatize him to do so and I'll bet he got some kind of compensation for turning the video over to the local news.

I don't really care what you are sick of. And like many others have also said, there's nothing wrong with the gesture. Not the obligation or responsibility which only you stated was such on Carnival's part. And not once ever did I suggest it for video dude. That was mentioned by the newscaster.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Makes me weep for humanity that we have such sick attention seeking people that would seek their 5 minutes of fame in such fashion.

"WEEP FOR HUMANITY" ?? ok .. maybe a little theatrical ...

It could be a natural human reaction when he filmed the incident. Something is happening, have camera, shoot. I can picture many people would do the same thing without thinking.

then they send it to the media and give interviews after they DO find out what happened??? I don't think so.....disgusting and sickening. They were also asked to leave the area and did not comply. I feel for the crew member's family to have to be subjected to this. I would hate to have to see that broadcast all over the place if it were my family member :(

Do you have the same feeling towards all the other 3rd party videos of accident footage you see on the nightly news? I've surfed all my life and I've seen scores of shark bite victims on the beach video by citizen journalists. Are these all "total jerks" too?

If he made a few bucks from selling the video, so what? I would not have done it, and I have not searched for a peek.

Yes they are if they are not given permission by the victim! there is way too much shown that should not be. Personal tragedies, events, etc., should not be entertainment for others. It is sick! :eek:

Most likely the ones accusing the parents of not doing their jobs don't have children themselves. Or they just aren't thinking this one through.

A trained counselor is much better equipped to handle a situation like this than someone, even a parent, with no background in counseling.

Exactly, a parent can unintentionally make the situation worse since they do not have the proper training.

I came to this thread to see if there was anymore info other than the article with the video. I did not expect to see this bashing of the OP who made a very valid point.

Yes they are if they are not given permission by the victim! there is way too much shown that should not be. Personal tragedies, events, etc., should not be entertainment for others. It is sick! :eek:

So I'd guess you've never watched the nightly news. You loath it and avoid it because it just this sort of thing, right?

I think there are too many folks in this thread that are "out raged" over something that is all too common. Just don't watch. I doubt any body in this thread avoids all that is "sick" in the nightly news. So why all the out rage over this?

A few years ago when the video of a wave that crashed through a ships bow facing lounge that I believed killed a passenger or two, were we all this disturbed to see the video captured by a passenger? I just think all this hand wringing over this video is just misplaced emotions.

I would not have taken the video. I have refused to see the video. Just let it go at that. Folks do not have to beat up on this guy for what he recorded. If he sold it, fine. Like it or not there is a market for it.

I am sure this video wasn't " turned over" to the local news.......it was SOLD to the highest bidder...I am also certain that this guy was PAID for the interviews he gave on the news channels. Sick.

I am sure this video wasn't " turned over" to the local news.......it was SOLD to the highest bidder...I am also certain that this guy was PAID for the interviews he gave on the news channels. Sick.

Can you quote your sources of this certain knowledge? I'm not saying you're not correct, I'm just wondering how you are so sure. All of our local news sources offer the ability to send them video or photos through their websites or apps, but there is no offer of payment associated with the submittal of such information. And news sources across the country are reporting the story now too? Are they also paying the guy that video taped it? It wouldn't be pleasant to see, but if I was the victim's family I would at least want to be aware of any bit of photographic or videotaped evidence out there. If this guy hadn't submitted this to the media, how would the family be aware that it was out there?

So very sorry for the loss of life, sincere condolences to family and friends. I can understand clearly why someone would film this. Too many unexplained cruise ship deaths in past years occurring - People vanishing without a trace, even though some did leave traces. We only know for sure that sadly, someone has lost his life. We only know the repairman theory as hearsay. This passenger had no way of knowing what had happened. If it was a murder, this film could be valuable in solving a crime. We live in a video world now....every incident seems to appear on film, then in the courtrooms, the films often add clarity.

I could not have had the presence of mind to film it, but that doesnt mean that others couldn't.

This incident is being investigated by Miami-Dade police, OSHA probably has no jurisdiction. Hopefully a crime has not occurred, but it could be. Now, there will be no cover-up.

Came across this article and video this morning. Apparently an electrician on the ship died. A passenger took video of blood running down the elevator door. Not a lot of details have been released.

What a terrible tragedy for the crew member and his family. I'm not sure I agree with how the guy taking the video handled it though... My first reaction wouldn't be to take cell phone video.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/swfl-couple-shows-video-of-bloody-mystery-on-carnival-cruise-ship

What a shame.

I came here to see if there was any more information on the accident, but after reading some of these responses, particularly those to the father of the teenage children who witnessed the aftermath of this horrific accident, all I can say is that if these ships had to sail on the ocean of compassion in this thread you would all be permanently stuck in port.

Sympathies to the family of the deceased.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I can't believe how heartless people have been to the father of the teenage kids. Wow, you guys are a tough crowd! I think it's very reasonable for the kids to receive some professional counseling. PTSD is real folks! I'm so sorry that your kids had to witness that accident and counseling would defintley be in order. To the poster "in my 60's" who responded rudely don't you have any friends who are Vietnam vets? People don't just "get over" a trauma like this.

Sad situation all the way around. Poor choices by the people who filmed it and brought it to the media and most importantly prayers to the family of the decreased.

Exactly, a parent can unintentionally make the situation worse since they do not have the proper training.

I came to this thread to see if there was anymore info other than the article with the video. I did not expect to see this bashing of the OP who made a very valid point.

Agreed. Professional crisis/PTSD trained counselor is the best way to go. There are interventions specific to these kinds of trauma that would be most effective. "Parents" aren't trained for this. I had a friend who witnessed a major plane crash in San Diego. He was never treated for PTSD and ended up committing suicide. He couldn't live with the nightmares every.single.night.

WOW came too see if there was any additional information about this...no didn't watch the video I knew as soon as I saw the title and the graphic images warning I would stick to just reading the article....to the parent of the teens who saw part of this for what it's worth you are 100% right if Carnival is offering counseling for the one's who videotaped this then they should be offering your children the same.

It is a shame that so many are quick to put somone else down and bash others rather than trying to help....this world needs more people ready willing to help others or we are doomed!

WHAT??? you sources are 100% incorrect. When you make a statement like that, please don't talk out of your rear end. The cruise lines ALL have trained mechanical engineers on board there ships AT ALL TIMES specifically trained by the manufacturer (Schindler, Otis ect.... It is also mandated by the S.O.L.A.S guidelines & U.S. Coast Guard regulations for passenger vessels.
I'm sure they have some training but its not enough. It takes years to know all the ins and outs of elevators. Its not just a 2 week course. I've dealt with engineers in the past and they are pretty sharp guys but unless they specialized in elevators they don't know crap. Would you take your car to a Mechanical engineer or a car mechanic? With that being said working on elevators is very dangerous and even the most experience elevator mechanic can find themselves in a bad situation. As far as S.O.L,A.S guidelines and CG regulations I don't know. Maybe you can provide a link or something. I'd be interested. And for telling me I was talking out of my arse well that's just the kinda thing that turns me off about CC. Anyways my thoughts and prayers go out to family of the crew member that past. So sad

WOW came too see if there was any additional information about this...no didn't watch the video I knew as soon as I saw the title and the graphic images warning I would stick to just reading the article....to the parent of the teens who saw part of this for what it's worth you are 100% right if Carnival is offering counseling for the one's who videotaped this then they should be offering your children the same.

It is a shame that so many are quick to put somone else down and bash others rather than trying to help....this world needs more people ready willing to help others or we are doomed!

Exactly, well put and well said.

Edited by knight2096