Gem out of NY question

tinadago

Hi all! This will be my first time shipping out of NY. Any suggestions or advice? We are driving from Detroit and need to figure out where to park for the duration. Good place to stay. All the good stuff :)

Thanks.

When will you be sailing? Also, you might check the Roll Call and get additional information in addition to what you will be able to get on this website.

Cole

If there are one or two of you, consider taking the Yankee Trails bus from Albany. $90 each, takes you right to the port, and your luggage is loaded directly from the bus. The parking is free, plus you'll save money on gas and tolls (and the stress of driving in Manhattan ... especially if it's a weekday departure!)

If it's a bigger group, parking at the port is $40/day. There are nearby lots that go for $28/day. Or park at the Weehauken Ferry terminal in New Jersey for $14/day and take the ferry across for $9/pp (each way). It stops about a half-mile south of the cruise terminal.

As mentioned above, you'll probably find more details and options in the East Coast Departures board.

My BFF and I, leaving Feb 1St for 10 nights. This will be my longest cruise. Very excited. This will be her first full cruise. She doesn't want to fly so that is why we are driving.

Thank you, I will check the East Coast boards.

My BFF and I, leaving Feb 1St for 10 nights. This will be my longest cruise. Very excited. This will be her first full cruise. She doesn't want to fly so that is why we are driving.

Thank you, I will check the East Coast boards.

We are on this sailing as well. Please come over and join the Roll Call (apologies if I've missed your name in the thread):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030877

The East Coast Departures board has the best info and advice. You did not mention when you are arriving in the city; it's winter, of course, so there could be snow and delays. Hopefully, you've left yourself time to arrive before Feb. 1.

I'm a firm believer in parking at the pier in NY. Yes, it's pricey, but you can't beat the convenience.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

We are on this sailing as well. Please come over and join the Roll Call (apologies if I've missed your name in the thread):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030877

The East Coast Departures board has the best info and advice. You did not mention when you are arriving in the city; it's winter, of course, so there could be snow and delays. Hopefully, you've left yourself time to arrive before Feb. 1.

I'm a firm believer in parking at the pier in NY. Yes, it's pricey, but you can't beat the convenience.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Hi there. I'm Tina. We are actually thinking of arriving a day or two early to take in a few sites in NYC. My friends husband and son are playing around with the idea of dropping us off in NY and then we fly home after the cruise. Still in planning process. We are trying to figure out the most econimical way to do this. Single mom, limited funds, and a daughter getting married next year, lol...

I have already been on the roll call, checking things out.

I am also on this cruise with a friend. We booked the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park. They have a park ride and cruise package that includes transportation to and from the port.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa. We checked the bedbug registry and found several issues reported. That would definitely make me nervous :/

Tina