Teppanyaki Reservations?

RumpunchGirl

I called last night to make reservations for 6 at Teppanyaki for 7:15 pm on a specific night. Since I'm in a suite, I called the Concierge number I received in an email. The email said to call if I wanted help reserving Specialty Dining. The women I talked to said she could put in a request for me but I would have to confirm the reservation once on board with the Concierge . This confused me. So, I asked her very specifically, "Do I have a reservation or not?" She told me, "we put you on a request list as Haven guests get to reserve first." I told her there are NO Haven suites on this ship and I am in an Owners suite. Than she tells me she has to know if the other 4 people on the reservation are in suites. I didn't think the mattered since I was making the reservation. But they are all in suites. By the end of the call I was still confused and still don't know if I'm eating at Teppanyaki. Is this typical with this particular restaurant?:confused:

Edited by RumpunchGirl

You could cut out the middle man and simply make the reservation yourself in about 12 seconds. That way you'd know for sure if you have it or not. Reservations for suite guests open 100 days prior to sailing, and 90 days for everyone else.

Edited by LrgPizza

I called last night to make reservations for 6 at Teppanyaki for 7:15 pm on a specific night. Since I'm in a suite, I called the Concierge number I received in an email. The email said to call if I wanted help reserving Specialty Dining. The women I talked to said she could put in a request for me but I would have to confirm the reservation once on board with the Concierge . This confused me. So, I asked her very specifically, "Do I have a reservation or not?" She told me, "we put you on a request list as Haven guests get to reserve first." I told her there are NO Haven suites on this ship and I am in an Owners suite. Than she tells me she has to know if the other 4 people on the reservation are in suites. I didn't think the mattered since I was making the reservation. But they are all in suites. By the end of the call I was still confused and still don't know if I'm eating at Teppanyaki. Is this typical with this particular restaurant?:confused:

I had to make my Teppayaki reservations the same way. When I checked in in the suite lounge I asked the Concierge if I had the reservation and he said yes. I was even able to change the time.

I had called the concierge desk to make reservations for the 7 nights of my cruise and was specific about which restaurants, which nights and what time. They said fine but never did it. The concierge was a waste of time. I went and made the reservations online 100 days in advance which is a suite perk. The non suite guests don't get to make their reservations until 90 out . I made reservations for 4 and the other 2 people we're traveling with are not in a suite.

You could cut out the middle man and simply make the reservation yourself in about 12 seconds. That way you'd know for sure if you have it or not. Reservations for suite guests open 100 days prior to sailing, and 90 days for everyone else.

On the Dawn I couldn't make them on line 100 days out, as all reservations for the Teppanyaki restaurant had to be made on the ship.

On the Dawn I couldn't make them on line 100 days out, as all reservations for the Teppanyaki restaurant had to be made on the ship.
Ah, is it one of those tiny ones? I've heard about that on some of the ships that only have a couple tables there.

Either way, I know that while suite guests wait around for the concierge to make reservations for them, I am making my reservations. :)

I sail in to weeks and this restaurant was not listed in the online reservation option part of Myncl. That's why I called.

Yes this is a normal practice for Teppanyaki. Because it is such a small restaurant they don't allow reservations prior to getting on board. We did make the request through the concierge as we were in a suite as well and there was no problem with our reservation once we got on board. They really do try to accommodate those that are in a suite so I wouldn't be concerned. The worst that could happen would be they would schedule you for another evening or a different time.

I sail in to weeks and this restaurant was not listed in the online reservation option part of Myncl. That's why I called.

Only about 1/2 the restaurants were listed on-line for our sailing on the Spirit a couple weeks back during the whole time they were available to book. We didn't book any prior and just dealt with Concierge on the ship.

Oh, BTW, the pre-cruise concierge requests were once again a HUGE fail. NCL should just get rid of the group as it is a waste.

As someone else suggested, go to myncl and just do it yourself, you get a confirmation instantly.

For some reason Teppanyaki was not available to make reservations on my NCL before my cruise on the Dawn. When I asked my PCC at NCL, he said to tell the concierge as soon as we got to the priorty lounge and we made our ressies then.

I made mine for my March cruise online 100 days out. No middle man.
It depends on the ship; the Teppanyaki restaurant on some of the ships have a much more limited seating than others. For example, the Gem has 32 seats and the Dawn only has 18. Edited by NLH Arizona

For some reason Teppanyaki was not available to make reservations on my NCL before my cruise on the Dawn. When I asked my PCC at NCL, he said to tell the concierge as soon as we got to the priorty lounge and we made our ressies then.

Hey Patty! That's really strange, I just made reservations on myNCL for Teppanyaki 2 days ago for our upcoming January Gem cruise. I wonder why it wouldn't let you? Hope all is well :D

Edited by bbryan5

Hey Patty! That's really strange, I just made reservations on myNCL for Teppanyaki 2 days ago for our upcoming January Gem cruise. I wonder why it wouldn't let you? Hope all is well :D

Bryan!! Happy New Year!!

Maybe cause it only seats 20 on the Dawn? I am not sure and neither did my PCC so I just booked with the concierge when we got to the priority lounge.

Your cruise is coming up!! January? Our next one is in May.

It does seem like it depends on the ship. From the responses here, looks like the Dawn doesn't allow you to make online reservations for Teppanyaki. I know for a fact it has never been available on my MyNCL page. Again, that is why I called. I have been able to make online reservations for Cagney's and Le Bistros, no problem. I will definitely ask in the lounge at the port.:)

I am on the Escape and my first time in the Haven. I made all my reservations myself, online, including Teppanyaki. I know that if I do it myself....it'll get done. I don't feel secure knowing I've asked someone else to do something for me.....will it get done? :) But, I also like to take charge so for me to do it myself takes only a few moments and I know it's done my way.

Harriet

Yes this is a normal practice for Teppanyaki. Because it is such a small restaurant they don't allow reservations prior to getting on board. .

Maybe it's that way for some ships? I sailed on the Pearl in October and was able to make my own reservation for Teppanyaki online. I'm sailing on the Escape in January and I was able to make my own reservations online for Teppanyaki - both times, in MyNCL online.

Harriet

I am on the Escape and my first time in the Haven. I made all my reservations myself, online, including Teppanyaki. I know that if I do it myself....it'll get done. I don't feel secure knowing I've asked someone else to do something for me.....will it get done? :) But, I also like to take charge so for me to do it myself takes only a few moments and I know it's done my way.

Harriet

I always use the pre-concierge (as I also go over other details) and have never had an issue, they always show up on my vacation summary right after I make them with the pre-concierge. I've always had the pre-concierge make my Teppanyaki reservations when I've cruised on the Pearl and Jewel, but unfortunately on the Dawn you can't make the reservations on line or with the pre-concierge, you have to make them on the ship (not sure if this is something new, but as you can see others can't make them either), because of the limited seating which is 18 and other ships have seating for 32 or more. Edited by NLH Arizona