RCCL excursions Whale Watching

EmmasNana

Does anyone know if Royal books whale sightseeing tours at Dominica or elsewhere? I have a cruise booked for Jan 2017 and don't see any excursions that involve whale watching. I realize it is early, but that is one of the reasons for booking this particular cruise.

I have, but hubby wants to do a ship excursion if possible.

I understand Hubby's trepidation regarding a non ship excursion, but the private tour companies are very aware of when you ship arrives and departs if you tell them what ship you are on. They depend on word of mouth. If you find one you like, email them your concern and check them out on Trip advisor.

I understand Hubby's trepidation regarding a non ship excursion, but the private tour companies are very aware of when you ship arrives and departs if you tell them what ship you are on. They depend on word of mouth. If you find one you like, email them your concern and check them out on Trip advisor.

We normally don't do ship excursions, but in this case he does not want to be in one of those low to the water boats.

I have a cruise booked next month that ports in Dominica.

When I am logged in it lists a whale and dolphin excursion for $79.75.

The description is as follows:

Overview

Join a welcoming crew on the search for whales and dolphins off the coast of Dominica. With the quest underway, guides discuss the habits of these sea mammals and the efforts to protect them. The engines are shutdown about every 20 minutes for hydrophone checks, with guests able to listen for whale clicking and dolphin whistling. Sightings are not guaranteed but 22 types of cetaceans have been sighted in these beautiful waters. RO18

There is also one for the rib boat which is 109.75. FYI

I have a cruise booked next month that ports in Dominica.

When I am logged in it lists a whale and dolphin excursion for $79.75.

The description is as follows:

Overview

Join a welcoming crew on the search for whales and dolphins off the coast of Dominica. With the quest underway, guides discuss the habits of these sea mammals and the efforts to protect them. The engines are shutdown about every 20 minutes for hydrophone checks, with guests able to listen for whale clicking and dolphin whistling. Sightings are not guaranteed but 22 types of cetaceans have been sighted in these beautiful waters. RO18

There is also one for the rib boat which is 109.75. FYI

Thanks, I am not seeing this listed on my sailing Jan 22, 2017. Hopefully it will be added at some point. What date was this sailing?

I am sailing Jan 15, 2016.

I have had the same thing happen to me, an excursion is not listed until closer to sailing date.

Also, the reverse, an excursion originally listed will no longer be available.

I assume it has to do with confirming with their vendors.

I am sailing Jan 15, 2016.

I have had the same thing happen to me, an excursion is not listed until closer to sailing date.

Also, the reverse, an excursion originally listed will no longer be available.

I assume it has to do with confirming with their vendors.

Thank you! This makes me feel pretty sure that this excursion will be offered on my cruise at some point. My husband wants to see sperm whales very badly.

Does anyone know if Royal books whale sightseeing tours at Dominica or elsewhere? I have a cruise booked for Jan 2017 and don't see any excursions that involve whale watching. I realize it is early, but that is one of the reasons for booking this particular cruise.
I know this isn't dominica but my wife took an excusion in Alaska that guarantee whale sighting of half you money back but also boast of no need to ever extent a refund . that excusion was offered by rccl . my wife loved it . those cruises for 2017 will likely show up in the spring out of seattle