Who stops at Princess Cays?

redrobin

I was looking at a brochure from Radisson Seven Seas and was surprised to see that Princess Cays (Eleuthera), Bahamas is part of their Caribbean itinerary. Given the name, I guess I had thought only "Princess" ships stopped there. Was wondering what other cruise lines have it as a port of call? Thanks!

Princess Cays is Princess Cruise Lines private island; I would be very surprised if a Radisson ship stopped there.

BUT - there are many other things on Eleuthera besides the one little tip where P. Cays is. Did the itinerary say Eleuthera or P Cays? That could be key.

Princess Cays is Princess Cruise Lines private island; I would be very surprised if a Radisson ship stopped there.

BUT - there are many other things on Eleuthera besides the one little tip where P. Cays is. Did the itinerary say Eleuthera or P Cays? That could be key.

I was surprised too - but if you go to the Radisson website - the 10 day Navigator Carib cruise lists a stop at Princess Cay - and Rdisson Seven Seas is not a part of the Carnival Empire - unless Mickey just bought it recntly.

Ron

I was surprised too - but if you go to the Radisson website - the 10 day Navigator Carib cruise lists a stop at Princess Cay - and Rdisson Seven Seas is not a part of the Carnival Empire - unless Mickey just bought it recntly.

Ron

I didn't think Radisson was owned by Carnival as so many are. Well, Princess must be renting out their island when they don't have a ship in port.

That is exactly what they are doing. As we were leaving PC the staff was talking about other lines renting the "space." They were discussing the fact that it helped the locals who sell their products there, etc. :)

I didn't think Radisson was owned by Carnival as so many are. Well, Princess must be renting out their island when they don't have a ship in port.

That is exactly what they are doing. As we were leaving PC the staff was talking about other lines renting the "space." They were discussing the fact that it helped the locals who sell their products there, etc. :)

We were on Radisson's Navigator this past April and stopped at Princess Cays. We anchored from 9:00am to 4:00pm and tendered to Princess Cays for a lovely lunch and day on the beach. The Navigator was the only ship there at the time. The captain of the Navigator was using his zodiac and took my husband and myself to the island personally. That was a thrill!

Gail

We were on Radisson's Navigator this past April and stopped at Princess Cays. We anchored from 9:00am to 4:00pm and tendered to Princess Cays for a lovely lunch and day on the beach. The Navigator was the only ship there at the time. The captain of the Navigator was using his zodiac and took my husband and myself to the island personally. That was a thrill!

Gail

Let's see if I have this right. So Princess owns Princess Cays, which is on the island of Eleuthera, which is part of the Bahamas. They don't actually own the whole island. Is that correct?

Just curious, do other cruise lines have their own island/part of an island where their ships stop? Thanks again!

Let's see if I have this right. So Princess owns Princess Cays, which is on the island of Eleuthera, which is part of the Bahamas. They don't actually own the whole island. Is that correct?

Just curious, do other cruise lines have their own island/part of an island where their ships stop? Thanks again!

You are correct. Princess owns Princess Cays which is on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. They do not own the whole island of Eleuthera, which is a popular vacation spot in the Bahamas. The Bahamas themselves are a string of islands off the coast of Florida.

http://www.geographia.com/bahamas/bselin01.htm

http://www.geographia.com/bahamas/map7.htm

You are correct. Princess owns Princess Cays which is on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. They do not own the whole island of Eleuthera, which is a popular vacation spot in the Bahamas. The Bahamas themselves are a string of islands off the coast of Florida.

http://www.geographia.com/bahamas/bselin01.htm

http://www.geographia.com/bahamas/map7.htm

Archived