Who stops at Princess Cays?

redrobin

PC is an "island" with a shallow bay or mangrove marsh of a 1 or 2 hundred yards 'tween it and Eleuthera. It IS an island or key folks, if you understand local geography.

And if you don't like it, buy your own and call it what you will at -

www.privateislands.com

You are correct - but - apparently Princess is leasing it out on off days - we do understand geography!

Ron

Radisson stopped at Princess Cays last year also. I remember reading a Radisson review and was surprised at that and then looked at Radisson's website and saw that they did indeed stop there.

I had heard but am not sure if this is true - that Princess just leases the land from the Bahamas/Eluthera, that they do not own the land. Again, I am not sure if this is correct or not.

I believe that Princess leases the land from the Bahamas......and that was an issue regarding the "rebuilding" of the land after it was hit by the storm last year, when PC was closed for quite a long time over the past winter.

Coral, I was thinking that Princess most likely leases rather than owns the Princess Cays area, but are responsible for any improvements. I'll bet it a looooong lease -

When my mom cruised in the 80's - Princess leased another island or part of an island. It was called "Palm Island" and that was the private island for the day. I would be curious about the terms of the lease also - I agree, it is probably a long lease.

I think I saw on another forum (maybe Carnival?) that one of their ships stopped at Half Moon Cay, which belongs to HAL? Is that correct, or is it Norwegian?

HAL's private island is Half Moon Cay, which Carnival will start stopping at on its new itineraries.

Norwegian stops at Great Stirrup Cay.

Disney has Castaway Cay.

Royal Caribbean has CocoCay plus Labadee, a peninsula off the coast of Haiti.

Archived