What if

dolphins76

We use luggage tags.

If you are using the plastic luggage tag holders. We cut ours all the time so they will fit in the luggage tag holders. We use one on each side of the tag so the information is always visible and have never had an issue.

The "do not cut" instructions are for those who are not using plastic holders.

We cut our luggage tags when it says not to? It has all the info needed showing. Just don't understand what the big deal is about cutting them.

Because it is part of the "tag law" very similar to the "label law" (where it is a crime to remove the label from pillows and mattresses.) Just don't cut the tag and you'll be fine.;)

Sturdiness. I usually print ours on card stock.

We have never failed to receive our luggage. I do watch the porter load it on the cart.

Last RCCL cruise a passenger never received their luggage.

I did find mine in the hall a few doors down. I grabbed it.

We cut our luggage tags when it says not to? It has all the info needed showing. Just don't understand what the big deal is about cutting them.

I ALWAYS cut off the part of the paper that says, "Do Not Cut." :eek: I then fold the info part in half and cover both sides in clear packing tape. I punch a hole in the top and we attach the tags to our suitcases using zip ties at the hotel right before we leave for the port.

Thankfully the luggage tag police have never caught us. Phew! I'd hate to think what would happen if they did. :D

Cruise critic just had a sale on the tag holders 4 for 7 dollars. Check out store. The holders are so much easier than folding or self laminating with mailing tape. Plus it looks better

Easier is a matter of opinion. Why would I pay $7 for tag holders when the packing tape, which I already have in the house for mailing packages to people, costs nothing extra.

As far as looking better, who cares?