Worst travel agent ever, what would you do?

elliotterae

You want to transfer to another agent in same faulty agency(if there is an agency)?? You will be doing more of same.Get real. Thousands of affordable cruises and thousands of real, honest, hard working cruise agents. You have right to cancel if within the time before final payment is due.Unless your docs call for a penalty, you get all your funds back Penalies maybe $50-$100.. Up to you.

Edited by zoncom

I'm still learning towards canceling, and I'm shopping for other cruises now that we were so looking forward to it. My concerns are less that we are getting scammed though and more that I can't get any help. I don't even know how I'd finish paying if I wanted to, with her but taking calls. I think I'll feel better if they just transfer me to a different agent...

So what is keeping you from doing just that? That you will lose your discount? That you will look like a heartless meanie who is taking away business from a sick woman?

This situation has bothered you enough to come here and seek advice. We can't change your TA or get her to act. It's she who has the ethical and moral obligation to handle her business responsibilities or to let them be handled by somebody else if she does not have the energy to do so. I don't see this situation changing and you will keep getting the same lack of service as long as she is still in charge.

Edited by BlueRiband

The agent may be avoiding you because the price on your invoice is the price you will pay. When deciding what to do, I would consider this.

If you still want to go, I would see if I could change my booking to the cruise line. You will be worried about whether final payment ever gets to ncl with this agent. Of course if you are in the group for the activities you will no longer be eligible.

Buy your cruise insurance from an outside company, but only after you are sure you are not cancelling. Try insure my trip for options. I also think there is an insurance board on cruse critics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just my 2 cents worth, but I would cancel immediately. If the TA keeps putting you off with chemo infusions, etc., if you encounter difficulties on your trip, do you honestly think she will be able to assist you if she can't (won't) do anything for you now? Scrap the $25 onboard credit, suck up whatever the cancellation penalty is, and book another cruise directly with the cruise line or a reputable agency. There's just too many red flags in this situation for my liking.

Another thought, if you are home-schooling your children, you don't need to worry about traveling at peak times. You should be able to take advantage of other sales and promos that will more than outweigh the $25 OBC and 3rd / 4th psgr fares offered with this trip.

Good luck to you - please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

E, Saw you are on NCL Getaway Oct 2, 16 Insides. Pulled up cruise on one of my fav discount agencies out of NH. Insides currently at $669 pp. with reduced deposits and free BEVERAGE PACKAGES for 2. $64 per day pp value, $25 OBC. Nice deal! Get rid of this (probably) lying , lazy person who will not help you if any problems arise.I recently had cruise air from Oceania to Shanghai. My local flight was canceled, missed International. It took agent, Oceania, United to get me there. In cases like this a good agent with connections is necessary to get flight changes/connections done. You need a pro.

Edited by zoncom

Get a quote from an on line TA. The big ones sometimes have groups of their own.

Be sure and ask the on line TA for OBC's

If the net price is close, then punt your first TA. This assumes you are outside of the final payment window. Don't sweat the small stuff. Life if too short to put up with that nonsense. Vote with your feet and your wallet.

At least this is what we would do. Why suffer fools and incompetence when there is almost always a good alternative? Years in business taught me to insist on what was promised, what you expect. Don't be shy about firing an underperforming vendor. No room for emotion in a business transaction like this.

Edited by iancal

It is always difficult to fire someone. But after a quarter century of running a small business a firing sometimes is best for all involved--including the person being fired.

Fire this so called Travel Agent and find another. You may feel guilty for a while but once on the ship who the heck cares!!