Cabin for 3?

Rosethorn40

I'm sure this has been asked before, but since I didn't think it would ever pertain to myself I didn't pay any attention. My father has expressed a desire to go to France with DH and myself in November 2017 (Step-mother will not do international travel anymore). I would love for him to come. I suppose he could get a double cabin for himself, he can afford it, but I also wanted to check out other options. Are there any of the major lines that sail Southern France that have cabins that can fit 3? Someone told me that Vantage has either single cabins, or has specials where they waive the single supplement-true statement?

Any suggestions? (Leaving DH at home is not an option :))

I'm sure this has been asked before, but since I didn't think it would ever pertain to myself I didn't pay any attention. My father has expressed a desire to go to France with DH and myself in November 2017 (Step-mother will not do international travel anymore). I would love for him to come. I suppose he could get a double cabin for himself, he can afford it, but I also wanted to check out other options. Are there any of the major lines that sail Southern France that have cabins that can fit 3? Someone told me that Vantage has either single cabins, or has specials where they waive the single supplement-true statement?

Any suggestions? (Leaving DH at home is not an option :))

Vantage does have single cabins and they're pretty nice (my BFF joined us on our last trip and had one) but she did have to pay a single supplement. They do not have triple cabins as far as I know and they do occasionally waive the single supplement for some cruises. I can't figure out what the pattern for that is, but they list them in their catalogs. Best thing for that would be to book early and call them, rather than book on line. If you have other questions regarding Vantage you can contact me at chydro564@yahoo.com (I've done 8 trips with them so far)

Thanks for the suggestions. I will start checking them out. I did speak to Viking (Since we have cruised with them twice before), and not only do they not have a single cabin, but they don't offer a single supplement price. :(

I do wish more cruise companies would realize not everyone has a partner than can/wants to travel, a friend that can come along, or a kid/grandchild that can be roped into coming along. I know that NCL's solo cabins sell out on nearly every sailing quite fast, and I think Holland America is offering a few solo cabins on their newest ship.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will start checking them out. I did speak to Viking (Since we have cruised with them twice before), and not only do they not have a single cabin, but they don't offer a single supplement price. :(

I do wish more cruise companies would realize not everyone has a partner than can/wants to travel, a friend that can come along, or a kid/grandchild that can be roped into coming along. I know that NCL's solo cabins sell out on nearly every sailing quite fast, and I think Holland America is offering a few solo cabins on their newest ship.

Any cruise line other than Viking and you wouldn't have to pay in full so far in advance either!

Avalon often waives the single supplement on a lot of their sailings. Crystal Cruises is entering the river cruise market for 2016 and 2017 and I think their new builds may allow 3 in a cabin. I know the Mozart has a 2 bedroom cabin. I have no idea of the price, but it may be another alternative.