Carnival Splendor true feedback

gamecockinnc

Hi,

We were looking for a last minute cruise for spring break and came across the CCL Splendor but the reviews are not great and I read that the Splendor doesn't have the upgrades like Guys Burgers. And its referred to as the pink ship because of its unusually bright color scheme even for Carnival I guess it's bright. Can anyone shed any light on their thoughts on this ship?

Thanks,

T

Hey! We're kicking around doing the Splendor over spring break as well! We enjoyed the Breeze over Christmas (what did you think of it?) and been looking for something to do for spring break. We're looking at the March 20th cruise.

Hey! We're kicking around doing the Splendor over spring break as well! We enjoyed the Breeze over Christmas (what did you think of it?) and been looking for something to do for spring break. We're looking at the March 20th cruise.

Steve, we will be on that sailing!

Steve, we will be on that sailing!

We are also on the 3/20 sailing. It is spring break for central FL. Come join us :)

Haven't been on the Splendor but a real plus for me would be that the ship has a fully complimented Cloud 9 Spa. The Splendor is on my list of Carnival ships that I would like to sail...

We had a spa balcony cabin to Bermuda. I talked about it in my review.

Again, for those interested in Splendor, click the ship name at the top of the board. Lots of threads and lots of info.

Does anyone know what all upgrades she is going to get??

From what I understand, most of the 2.0 upgrades but no Guy's or Blue Iguana. The ship is moving to Asia soon and I don't think those venues hold much appeal over there.

We were on the splendor a few years ago and it remains my favorite ship. However, this may partially be because it was just my husband and I and we had a inside spa cabin. Totally worth it and made this cruise heaven for us, I completely recommend the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay we sailed December 13-20. Haadn't done Carnival since we did Magic in the Mediterranean (best cruise ever!). But the price was right and we love spa cabins so we booked.

There were hits: love the Tandoori, the thermal suite (unlimited use since we had a spa cabin), the free scotch tasting event (I'm a single malt girl myself) and the private excursions that we booked were all fabulous. And there were misses: entrees in MDR had to be sent back on numerous occasions, the beef dishes in particular were just not edible...and tasted like chemicals. Our table mates also sent theirs back, so it wasn't just us. We had FFTF and I guess in the rush to have our cabin ready, our steward overlooked a pair of old worn ladies panties still on a shelf in the closet. NOT what we wanted to be greeted with (and then when he was shown them he didn't even offer to trash them until we told him to!)

SHows were mediocre. Only one comic in the Comedy Club we found actually funny, the others were just at times clever but mostly vulgar just for the sake of it.

Everyone talks about the decor, it didn't affect me. As the ship was originally built for Costa it did seem more Mediterranean, but it had no effect on the trip.

In the end, I didn't cook, clean, do laundry or work (nor did I check email), so it was for me A GREAT CRUISE (but then again as long as no one gets hurt or sick, to me EVERY cruise is a GREAT CRUISE!

I was on the Splendor on Thanksgiving week and loved it. We are booked again on the Spring Break week as a result.

The ship did look in need of a little TLC, but I liked the quirky decor. There was some pink, not bright and obnoxious. I liked it because it reminded me of Daleks from Dr. Who, or like one of the older variants of the TARDIS. The dry dock is a spruce up and some minor changes, not 2.0 upgrades - I had confirmation on this from a number of people including John Heald. I am kinda glad as I liked the ship.

The crew were fantastic and I personally think it was my best cruise so far (been on Dream(4), Breeze (2), Destiny, Ecstasy, Splendor)

We are getting off the Splendor this morning. She is a wonderful ship and has an outstanding crew! The entettainment is the best we have experienced in 6 cruises, since they started adding play list to Carnival ships. I'm very sad that when she goes into dry dock in March they will be adding playlist to this ship as well. I've been cruising with Carnival since 91 and still love my cruises with them but very sad to see the direction the entertainment is going.

Those of you cruising on her in the next month will love her!!

Pat

I really appreciate the many positive aspects mentioned of Splender!! A group of 8 are taking the Western Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks. We sailed Liberty 10 years ago and I enjoyed it very much. The pink won't bother us as we will be having too much fun to make this an issue. I don't understand the popularity and obsession with Guys Burgers!!?? If they are that greasy, I wouldn't want them anyway.

Can't wait to go and looking forward to a great time. Maybe I will write my own review upon return and then we can compare.

We are getting off the Splendor this morning. She is a wonderful ship and has an outstanding crew! The entettainment is the best we have experienced in 6 cruises, since they started adding play list to Carnival ships. I'm very sad that when she goes into dry dock in March they will be adding playlist to this ship as well. I've been cruising with Carnival since 91 and still love my cruises with them but very sad to see the direction the entertainment is going.

Pat

Thanks, we will be boarding the Splendor NEXT SUNDAY cant wait !! did they have the old menu's or the new ones ??

I loved my cruise on the Splendor!

I've never been on a ship with full 2.0 upgrades so I didn't know what I was missing but:

I liked the Taste Bar and the Rotisserie

I had asigned dining in the MDR and loved the food

I liked the kids splash park with my 2 year old brother

I loved the Seaday brunch popovers

I had Cheers and thought it was great.

I enjoyed the comics and the dive in movies

I never noticed the decor

I prefer Carnivals private island to NCLs and Grand Turk was by far the best port

This was a family cruise so a lot of my fondness for this cruise might be due to being in great company and being glad to be out of NY and away from my desk but if the Splendor comes back to NY I would totally sail her again!!

Pat

They still have the old menus and the service in the dining room was awesome!!

Pat

Hi Pat,

Looking forward to seeing you on the Vista.

Also loved the Splendor and the tablecloths. On the Conquest now and back to the cluttered tables.

Hi Pat,

Looking forward to seeing you on the Vista.

Also loved the Splendor and the tablecloths. On the Conquest now and back to the cluttered tables.

I enjoyed my cruise on the Conquest last May, I enjoy all my cruises, but did like the Splendor better!

We are going to have a great time on the Vista!!

Pat