Elite plus priority tendering?

Peteymil

Under Elite Plus benefits, priority tendering is not mentioned on the Celebrity Website. It is mentioned under Elite benefits. I find that a bit strange. Have any Elite Plus category cruisers had experience with tendering of late?

Under Elite Plus benefits, priority tendering is not mentioned on the Celebrity Website. It is mentioned under Elite benefits. I find that a bit strange. Have any Elite Plus category cruisers had experience with tendering of late?

elite plus gets all the elite benefits with additional plus benefits

There are so many people on these ships who have "priority tendering" that it is a joke. Expect to find hundreds of people who somehow think they're special. ;)(Yes, I'm Elite Plus.)

There are so many people on these ships who have "priority tendering" that it is a joke. Expect to find hundreds of people who somehow think they're special. ;)(Yes, I'm Elite Plus.)

We have enjoyed the priority tendering on a couple of cruises and found it saved us from having to wait in live for an hour to get low number tickets.

However, I have read on cc that X no longer offers priority tendering for elite and above.

We have enjoyed the priority tendering on a couple of cruises and found it saved us from having to wait in live for an hour to get low number tickets.

However, I have read on cc that X no longer offers priority tendering for elite and above.

Although "Priority Tender Service" is still listed as an Elite perk on Celebrity's website.

Elite | Captain's Club: Cruise Rewards Program

All depends on the cruise. On Med cruises often under 150 Elite or better so no problem. On TA/TP cruises over 50% so priority tendering means little.

Tendering is a pain even if you get to cut the line. And bad weather and tendering sometimes means no port call

Edited by az_tchr

We were on the Silohuette two weeks ago and did not receive priority tendering. We are Elite Plus.

What port or ports were tendered? Silhouette usually is docked at every port. Grand Caymen sometimes tendered. Just wondering is you asked about the pass? With a couple thousand on board passes are sometimes missed.

We were on the Silohuette two weeks ago and did not receive priority tendering. We are Elite Plus.
Was it by chance a port where your ship arrived very early in the morning?

Just curious because when we did not receive tender tickets as expected the night before a port with an early morning arrival time and inquired about them, we were told that tender tickets were not necessary there as few passengers would be ready to get off the ship that early.

There was no Priority tendering because the ship arrived to Cayman early and all passengers were able to get on a tenders immediately when they wanted to tender with no wait. Donna, the Captains Club host was going to take all Elites and Elite Plus down to the tenders if there had been a need for priority tendering. She left a message to that effect on our phones.

Edited by Charles4515

Was it by chance a port where your ship arrived very early in the morning?

Just curious because when we did not receive tender tickets as expected the night before a port with an early morning arrival time and inquired about them, we were told that tender tickets were not necessary there as few passengers would be ready to get off the ship that early.

Yes, that is what happened. There were no tender tickets required as the ship arrived early and none were needed. And there was no wait for tenders, all were able to get right on a tender without delay.

Yes, that is what happened. There were no tender tickets required as the ship arrived early and none were needed. And there was no wait for tenders, all were able to get right on a tender without delay.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

There was no Priority tendering because the ship arrived to Cayman early and all passengers were able to get on a tenders immediately when they wanted to tender with no wait. Donna, the Captains Club host was going to take all Elites and Elite Plus down to the tenders if there had been a need for priority tendering. She left a message to that effect on our phones.

Good to hear. I had also heard rumblings that they were no longer doing Priority tendering. It was extremely helpful last summer on our British Isles cruise.

Celebrity really needs to reorganize the Captains circle benefits program. It is just TOO easy to get to elite and elite+ level, I am new to Celebrity but will be "elite" after my second cruise. maybe they need to stick another level or two in the system.

it just makes no sense when a third of the passengers will be expecting priority embarkation. they need to focus on perks that don't cause massive lines when it is known that many people will be using the perk at the same time....throw in extra laundry or upgraded soaps and lotions or services that won't be used at the same time.

All depends on the cruise. On Med cruises often under 150 Elite or better so no problem. On TA/TP cruises over 50% so priority tendering means little.

Tendering is a pain even if you get to cut the line. And bad weather and tendering sometimes means no port call

Celebrity really needs to reorganize the Captains circle benefits program. It is just TOO easy to get to elite and elite+ level, I am new to Celebrity but will be "elite" after my second cruise. maybe they need to stick another level or two in the system.

it just makes no sense when a third of the passengers will be expecting priority embarkation. they need to focus on perks that don't cause massive lines when it is known that many people will be using the perk at the same time....throw in extra laundry or upgraded soaps and lotions or services that won't be used at the same time.

Am wondering how you could get to Elite after only a cruises unless you were in a top level suite. Us ordinary people get 3 points a night for a veranda cabin. That means a bit more than 14 weeks of cruising. That is a lot of time on board for a few glasses of wine.

The lotions would be complicated to administer but another bag of laundry or more internet time would be good. They recently changed the plan where it used to take about 1/2 the time of today.

Except on certain sailings, transatlantics come to mind, a third of the ship is not using perks at the same time. I have been on 17 or 18 Celebrity cruises and I never felt there were too many using the perks. Donna, the host told me how many were Elite and Elite Plus on my cruise a few weeks ago on Silhouette and while I don't recall the number she gave I recall saying....is that all. There was always plenty of space in the Sky Lounge at the social hours and the Breakfast times in the Tuscan were never crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am wondering how you could get to Elite after only a cruises unless you were in a top level suite. Us ordinary people get 3 points a night for a veranda cabin. That means a bit more than 14 weeks of cruising. That is a lot of time on board for a few glasses of wine.

Right. I don't think it is that easy for most to get to Elite. I got there booking Verandah or lower. That was not easy. If they are booking high level cabins that get them to Elite faster that does not bother me. If they are booking suites they are getting the perks built in anyway.

My only point was that they need to remove the perks that can cause big problems when there are so many using at the same time...maybe remove the tendering and give laundry instead or one specialty dinner rather than offer a discount...

The lotions would be complicated to administer but another bag of laundry or more internet time would be good. They recently changed the plan where it used to take about 1/2 the time of today.

Good grief, Labguy! Some folks would need to spend a year or more on board to reach the 750 nights of credit needed for Elite Plus. Even booking a verandah cabin, reaching that level takes 250 nights of cruising. That really is not quite as easily achieved as you are suggesting. Even if one spent their annual vacation each year on a 10-day cruise it would take 25 years.

My only point was that they need to remove the perks that can cause big problems when there are so many using at the same time...maybe remove the tendering and give laundry instead or one specialty dinner rather than offer a discount...

How do/did you makeElite after 2 cruises? How long were your cruises and what cabin category?

I don't think the tendering perk causes big problems. Only a few ports are tender ports. Usually all it means is that when tickets are issued you get the tickets in your cabin and don't have to stand in line. And not everyone who is eligible wants to be on the first tender. The only tendering ports where tendering can be slow are the ones where they have to use the ships lifeboats. When they use tenders from the port like they do at Cayman the tender boats are high capacity and move pretty fast back and forth.

Edited by Charles4515

Labguy - Agree with your thought and specialty dinner perk would and already is a good one that could be expanded. On most cruises tendering priority is not an issue. THe comment by the OP turned out to be not exactly true because since they arrived a couple hours early and there was no line they needed no priority for tendering. Tendering thankfully is becoming less of an issue as more and more dockage is being built. I do not think this perk has ever caused problems - even on a Canadian cruise with 4 tender ports - because tendering is a bigger hassle returning to the ship and no priority there. Leaving the ship most people never notice some are given passes to cut the line and the percentage that get that perk is going down because it takes LONGER to get it today than in 2013 - 14 week long cruises in Veranda versus 10.