Ideas for trips in Venice needed!

We're booked on Rhapsody of the Seas at the end of July...the roll call thread is so very quiet!! Does anyone have suggestions for non boat/private tours in Venice?

We get in at 3pm to overnight in port. Unfortunately we fly a.m. next day so can't do much before we go.

Hope to get some good ideas!

BFN:D

getting in at 3PM is really going to cut down on your opportunities to take any tours. You can just walk to the people mover and go over to Plaza Roma. Do some research on that area and you'll find there are churches and other places you can visit as well as restaurants if you want to eat off the ship.

Marianne

Buy a vaporetto ticket and take the #1 all the way around the islands at sunset. it's spectacular. When you get off the people mover, the ticket office will be right there.

Great idea. Simple, inexpensive but visually amazing. Good way to utilize what little time you will have. :)

We're booked on Rhapsody of the Seas at the end of July...the roll call thread is so very quiet!! Does anyone have suggestions for non boat/private tours in Venice?

We get in at 3pm to overnight in port. Unfortunately we fly a.m. next day so can't do much before we go.

Hope to get some good ideas!

BFN:D

The very best thing to do in Venice is walk! It is amazing to follow the streets and signage that takes you from the pier to Rialto Bridge to St Marks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44387619&highlight=now+what+#post44387619

I'm assuming you're checking into a hotel first when getting off the ship? So that will take a bit more time in order to disembark, get luggage, get to your hotel, check-in, etc. You can do everything in the post above in the evening no problem! Venice is beautiful in the evening and there will still a lot of people out and about. You can then hang out and have dinner, and take the Vaporetto back to your hotel.

I did a private night tour 2 years ago that was not the greatest and could've done much better on my own in the evening. I should've just retraced my route from earlier in the day and would've been so much better.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44388186&highlight=venice+night#post44388186

Have a great cruise! :D