Booking Celebrity cruise on RCCL ship

I am going to be Diamond after my March cruise - but actually 2 nights into the cruise I am technically Diamond so wondering two things...

1. Can I book a Celebrity cruise using the RCCL Next Cruise office?

2. Is there any benefit to booking the Celebrity cruise while onboard RCCL?

3. Since I won't be officially Diamond until after my cruise - do you think the Next Cruise office will be able to see that I will be Diamond and apply the proper discount to the Celebrity cruise?

4. If I wait until after the cruise - can I use my same C&A Vacation Planner or does Celebrity have an entire different staff?

The reason I am booking Celebrity is because for years I have wanted to do an "Around the Horn" cruise. RCCL does not offer them anymore - but Celebrity has one in Dec 2017 that looks perfect!

Edited by LisaAtlCruiser

You can book a Celebrity cruise onboard a Royal cruise. You will get OBC for the Celebrity cruise, not sure about reduced deposit. There are no balcony discounts on Celebrity. Don't know about the Vacation Planner.

Edited by clarea

I tried to do this our our last cruise and it was frustrating. The future cruise desk is not familiar with Celebrity promotions.

You will not receive onboard credit from RCCL if you book a Celebrity cruise. My impression was that you would also not receive onboard credit from Celebrity for booking onboard Royal Caribbean but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by yogimax

• 4 weeks later...
You can book a Celebrity cruise onboard a Royal cruise. You will get OBC for the Celebrity cruise, not sure about reduced deposit. There are no balcony discounts on Celebrity. Don't know about the Vacation Planner.

Do you know if I can get the current Celebrity promotions when booking the Celebrity cruise on the RCL ship (Serenade)? We are thinking of booking the Panama Canal cruise next May (2017) on Celebrity Infinity. That cruise is offering a free drink package. Will the RCL Next Cruise person on Serenade be able to put this package with the booking?

Also, can I get the usual extra OBC from booking on the ship applied to the Celebrity cruise?

Edited by Cruising-Snowbird

Do you know if I can get the current Celebrity promotions when booking the Celebrity cruise on the RCL ship (Serenade)? We are thinking of booking the Panama Canal cruise next May (2017) on Celebrity Infinity. That cruise is offering a free drink package. Will the RCL Next Cruise person on Serenade be able to put this package with the booking?

Also, can I get the usual extra OBC from booking on the ship applied to the Celebrity cruise?

Yes, you can get the current promos plus OBC if you book a Celebrity cruise on Royal.

I am going to be Diamond after my March cruise - but actually 2 nights into the cruise I am technically Diamond so wondering two things...

1. Can I book a Celebrity cruise using the RCCL Next Cruise office?

2. Is there any benefit to booking the Celebrity cruise while onboard RCCL?

3. Since I won't be officially Diamond until after my cruise - do you think the Next Cruise office will be able to see that I will be Diamond and apply the proper discount to the Celebrity cruise?

4. If I wait until after the cruise - can I use my same C&A Vacation Planner or does Celebrity have an entire different staff?

The reason I am booking Celebrity is because for years I have wanted to do an "Around the Horn" cruise. RCCL does not offer them anymore - but Celebrity has one in Dec 2017 that looks perfect!

yes there is also reduced deposit. i got a balcony discount before for celebrity and i am a diamond so i dont know unless it was a promotional thing or some other special.

My recent experience attempting to do just this was frustrating. Next Cruise Rep was not familiar with Celebrity and her information was spotty at best. If we had booked through her, we would have gotten $100 total OBC for a 14 day cruise and a drink package. That's it. No reduced deposit, etc. Perhaps it depends on the ship and/or rep. We are on a Celebrity cruise next month so I am planning to do it with Celebrity directly.

We tend to switch between Celebrity and RCI so we've booked cruises for either on both and always been successful. Of course, we typically know what we're looking for and research before we leave. We also get reduced deposits on either.

We can get the Diamond balcony discount on RCI and the Elite room upgrade on Celebrity.

All cruises booked on board can be transferred to a TA afterwards and/or canceled before final payment so all you have to lose is the use of the deposit money until it's refunded.

Well, you also lose the time on your current cruise waiting in line to book, but we've tried to make reservations and that helps a lot.

Tom

For what it's worth, we booked the Celebrity Solstice for this April from Honolulu to Vancouver while on the Oasis in Jan 2015. Celebrity was offering their 123go promotion which included $300 OBC, premium drink package, and paid for gratuities. Because we booked onboard, we were given an extra $300 OBC for a total of $600. We made a $200 down payment when we booked onboard. The next cruise rep was very knowledgeable and zipped right thru the process. Just like everything else I guess, some agents are a bit more knowledgeable than others.

Tim

For what it's worth, we booked the Celebrity Solstice for this April from Honolulu to Vancouver while on the Oasis in Jan 2015. Celebrity was offering their 123go promotion which included $300 OBC, premium drink package, and paid for gratuities. Because we booked onboard, we were given an extra $300 OBC for a total of $600. We made a $200 down payment when we booked onboard. The next cruise rep was very knowledgeable and zipped right thru the process. Just like everything else I guess, some agents are a bit more knowledgeable than others.

Tim

Excellent service and a good deal.:D

I just booked Silhouette while on Enchantment in December. As usual, I do my homework before I get to the cruise. I typically find most of the onboard agents that I deal with know less than I do regarding RCCL or Celebrity cruises.

Here is the Future Cruise booking info from Celebrity cruises: (You no longer get free cabin upgrades). We are Diamond Plus and Elite and have done this many times before. We received 150 OBC for a 7 night balcony cruise.

Your Cruise Now offer includes:

• $100 reduced deposit per person

• Onboard credit up to $500

• Choose the stateroom you want

• Combine your Cruise Now offer with 1 other offer

• Flexibility—you may cancel your sailing up to 75 or 90 days prior to your sail date