Entourage Info & teens

Boatingmom

Ok. My daughter is pestering me. She wants to know if she will meet people in the teen club Entourage like she did on Princess. I told her yes, however, she wants to hear from somebody who has familiarity with the club. Moms?? I guess she is looking more for a play by play as to when the teens used the area and where they met others, if they met others and where they hung out. Any info besides what NCL provides would be nice. Thanks in advance:)

Ok. My daughter is pestering me. She wants to know if she will meet people in the teen club Entourage like she did on Princess. I told her yes, however, she wants to hear from somebody who has familiarity with the club. Moms?? I guess she is looking more for a play by play as to when the teens used the area and where they met others, if they met others and where they hung out. Any info besides what NCL provides would be nice. Thanks in advance:)

Looks like you are asking about the BA coming up in March? Our DD had a great time in Entourage on the BA back in March 2014. Go the first afternoon and sign up. This is the only time the parents can go in the room.

Also have her go the first night. They had many activities in the club and around the ship. A couple nights they got to use the pool area for their group (I think it was 10 p.m.).

The first evening they have a meet and greet. Since most kids don't come on ship with friends, everyone is looking for someone to meet up with hang out with ect....

That first night is key. Usually the teen club activities start around 8pm and run until 1 am. They also have stuff during the day but its not as well attended as night time "parties".

Get her the app so she can text her friends that is also helpful. Just like on land that's how they communicate when to meet up. They seem to hang out in packs of 3 to 6 depending on who is free and when. My DD is always in a mixed group of boys and girls since she is into the athletic stuff.

We make strict rules of when they have to be with family and when they can "run free" like we always eat breakfast and dinner together. Never ever ever allowed to go in someone room or down room hallways. Most kids have the same rules so its not a issue. If they don't have the soda package we set a charging limit of say $20 a day so she can get some mocktails or juice or Gelato, she doesn't like soda.

I second the post above: first night entourage was packed, friendships were formed. After first night, it was more a place to meet and branch out from: go up to entourage after you get back on board from a shore excursion and wait until your friends show up and then go sit in a hot tub somewhere or go get a bite to eat. My kids went back a few times for a few organized activities (a dance, a movie) but mostly just did stuff with the friends they had made.

One night, while we were at the show, a group of about 15 (my daughter included) showed up to watch the show. A different night, while we were dining in one of the MDRs, a group of eight (including my son) showed up for dinner. I was soooo pleased to see the group was well behaved and engaged in conversation. I can't get two words out of my son, but he engaged in small talk at the table.

Sign up for Entourage when you get on board between lunch and lifeboat drill. At 8:00 or 9:00pm that first night they had the activities to get to know each other.

Hope you and your daughter have fun!