UBP price rise to $69 per day

clivep

So coffee drinks are not excluded? I was hoping to be able to have Baileys in my coffee with dessert.

Coffee and Baileys does not entail speciality coffee anyway. :) Only speciality coffees as such are excluded from the UBP.

That's the one I remember! Can anybody that's recently sailed (since UBP has become a "free" benefit) confirm that this menu is still available?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

We just returned from 21 days on the Epic, we are wine drinkers and from our experience the wine menu didn't mean much. One day they would have the Chardonnay my husband likes, the next day they'd be out of it and substitute something else. I'd ask for the Blackstone Merlot and be told they were out of it, then they'd give me whatever they wanted. Had I paid for the UBP I would have been very unhappy (I realize I did pay for it, even though it was a promotion). We also found it difficult to get served, so we would end up waiting in line at the bar; we tried sitting down waiting for a server and more times than not nobody showed up, so we'd go to the bar and place our own order. The benefit was not worth much to us, in the future we would just pay the corkage and carry on our own wine.

I am reading through this thread but cannot see what amount the UBP Covers.

I have the UBP from when we purchased in 2014 (well we are in Haven so we all have UBP and UDP). I sailed in 2014 and had the UBP and was able to get a BBC. Now I see it's over $10. What is the highest price drink I can get now?

Thank you.

I have the UBP from when we purchased in 2014 (well we are in Haven so we all have UBP and UDP). I sailed in 2014 and had the UBP and was able to get a BBC. Now I see it's over $10. What is the highest price drink I can get now?

Thank you.

It covers everything up to $15.00 If the drink is over $15, you pay the difference plus 18% of the difference...

Thank you.

You can get everything up to $15. You will pay the difference for anything above $15. You will pay applicable taxes while in port. You will be hard pressed to find anything over $15. Your frozen colada thing will be no problem.

The deets:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

We just returned from 21 days on the Epic, we are wine drinkers and from our experience the wine menu didn't mean much. One day they would have the Chardonnay my husband likes, the next day they'd be out of it and substitute something else. I'd ask for the Blackstone Merlot and be told they were out of it, then they'd give me whatever they wanted. Had I paid for the UBP I would have been very unhappy (I realize I did pay for it, even though it was a promotion). We also found it difficult to get served, so we would end up waiting in line at the bar; we tried sitting down waiting for a server and more times than not nobody showed up, so we'd go to the bar and place our own order. The benefit was not worth much to us, in the future we would just pay the corkage and carry on our own wine.

Oh oh...better lower my expectations then! I need to learn how to tolerate fruity/ mixed drinks.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Can I get a Vodka-Redbull on the package? I know Energy Drinks are excluded from the package but what about a vodka-red bull cocktail? It is a very common drink on land.

Cheers!

My husband did last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
I'm STILL trying to figure out WHAT bars are you going to where beer is 8 dollars?:mad:

The most I've paid in a bar for domestic is 5. And this is in San Francisco of all places!:p

They even have a few bars where you can PBR tall cans for $2! Not a typo. Not Happy Hour either.:D

Once again my advice is to stop going to those places. They're obviously ripping you off.:eek:

Here in New York. Unless it's happy hour. Most bars charge around $7-8 for beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk