Do Cruise Directors have control over activities? Who is on PRIDE now?

RecoveryDude

Hi!

How much "control" over activities does the Cruise Director have? Do they really "plan" specifics of activities or is everything pretty much cookie-cutter and pre-planned without any input from them?

I was on Paradise last September - my first cruise in 10 years, I had a ball ... but was disappointed with the lack of activities during sea days. It seemed it was TRIVIA, then an opportunity to "buy" something that was disguised as an "activity" ... then more Trivia ... then, SURPRISE! MORE TRIVIA! I think one day they had multiple trivia as the same time different parts of the boat. I mean, I enjoy trivia ... but lets get some other activities!

Also, do they still do the "Quest Scavenger Hunt"??

I realize the Paradise sailing was a short trip ... my next cruise is in 46 days - and it's EIGHT DAYS ON PRIDE. Hopefully there will be more activities since it's a longer cruise?

If the cruise director DOES have control, anyone know who is on the Pride right now and if they are good???

Thanks!

Jeff AKA Recovery Dude :)

Edited by RecoveryDude

I agree with you. I think I could quote most of the "activities" in their proper order. They all seem the same. I try to do something a little bit different each sea day. I'm not smart enough to do all the trivia, but occasionally its fun. I like the first art auction and the history of art. That one tends to be more informative versus the sales pitch.

Of course you could do the free spa seminar with the 200 ladies that show up. [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi RecoveryDude. We are on the same sailing. Our cruise director will be Steve Kinsley. I don't know if he's any good.

We had Steve twice on the Elation in 2010 - he is Canadian. He's okay. Not my favorite, and in 2010, he wasn't super present. But a lot could have changed in almost 6 years!

I think we played Quest last year on the Fantasy. It was late night, played in the Punchliner Club, adult themed, and the scavenger hunt consisted entirely of things people had with them in that room at that time. (I.e. Not a game where you ran all over the ship looking for things.) is that what you are asking about? If so, we played it in October 2014 on Fantasy but they didn't play it in November 2015 on the Fantasy, and I think the cruise director did change between those 2 cruises. I have read that the cruise director choose the activities but I don't know that for sure. Would love to hear from John Heald about the activities and how much the CD has to do with those activities.

The Pride CD is Chris "Donkey" Salazar. We just enjoyed his presence on

our New Year's 8 day cruise.

He's the very best we ever had.....a real entertainer that smiles. dances,

sings and inspires fun, fun, fun.

The Pride CD is Chris "Donkey" Salazar. We just enjoyed his presence on

our New Year's 8 day cruise.

He's the very best we ever had.....a real entertainer that smiles. dances,

sings and inspires fun, fun, fun.

According to John Heald's Blog, Donkey is off of the Pride in a couple of weeks. Looks like they have him moving over to the Sunshine:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/John-Version-11.11.15.pdf

Hi RecoveryDude. We are on the same sailing. Our cruise director will be Steve Kinsley. I don't know if he's any good.

We had Steve in October and really liked him. He was entertaining but not as over the top as some others which we liked. He just came off as very personable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

How much "control" over activities does the Cruise Director have? Do they really "plan" specifics of activities or is everything pretty much cookie-cutter and pre-planned without any input from them?

I was on Paradise last September - my first cruise in 10 years, I had a ball ... but was disappointed with the lack of activities during sea days. It seemed it was TRIVIA, then an opportunity to "buy" something that was disguised as an "activity" ... then more Trivia ... then, SURPRISE! MORE TRIVIA! I think one day they had multiple trivia as the same time different parts of the boat. I mean, I enjoy trivia ... but lets get some other activities!

Also, do they still do the "Quest Scavenger Hunt"??

I realize the Paradise sailing was a short trip ... my next cruise is in 46 days - and it's EIGHT DAYS ON PRIDE. Hopefully there will be more activities since it's a longer cruise?

If the cruise director DOES have control, anyone know who is on the Pride right now and if they are good???

Thanks!

Jeff AKA Recovery Dude :)

The activities are planned in Miami, the cruise directors simply implement the plan. The activities are the same fleet wide. Don't expect to find any more activities on a given day just because it is a longer cruise.