AmaSonata

CDSMIA

We have cruised on Sonata and found it to be a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. They went above and beyond to provide an amazing experience. While we were not on a Christmas cruise, we cruised in November and the market in Vienna had opened the day before our arrival. I knew this ahead of time and had researched how we could visit it on our own since it was not mentioned in our itinerary. I didn't need to do this because our CD arranged for a bus to take those who wanted to go to the market during the evening. This made for a choice of 3 included activities during the evening but we still had a full bus and the CD went with us. We were on our own at the market and met the bus at the appointed time.

Staterooms are lovely with adequate storage and nice amenities. We found the food and wine to be excellent although we are not "foodies or wine experts.

Wishing you a very memorable cruise-you chose well with AMA and the Sonata!

We have booked a Christmas Markets cruise on AmaSonata. Anyone with recent experience?

We were on the AmaSonata this past September on the Romantic Danube cruise. Loved, loved, loved it! The crew was extraordinary and the excursions were all wonderful. Food and wine were good and we were very comfortable. We sailed on the AmaCerto for Tulip Time in 2013 - another fantastic experience and why we returned to Ama. We have put down a deposit for a future cruise with AmaWaterways, but no destination or date yet. I know you will enjoy it!

Allyson

Are you doing the Magnificent Europe Christmas Cruise? We did this one last year on the Sonata from Budapest to Amsterdam. We enjoyed it so much we are considering doing it again. I can give you more details if this is the one you are on. You'll have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. We just booked our first river cruise on Amasonata Christmas Markets on the Danube. This is all new to us as we've done several ocean cruises. Any tips or suggestions from anyone that has done this cruise would be greatly appreciated. It will be our first time in Europe together.

Thanks

... ... We sailed on the AmaCerto for Tulip Time in 2013 ... ...

Allyson

Sorry OP to hijack but I can't resist to hear about AmaCerto.

Dear Allyson, could you please share more about your experience on AmaCerto? Any review online?

Is it possible to get a table for two during dinner?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Sorry OP to hijack but I can't resist to hear about AmaCerto.

Dear Allyson, could you please share more about your experience on AmaCerto? Any review online?

Is it possible to get a table for two during dinner?

Thank you.

Michael,

I don't think I wrote a review for that one, but that cruise was the reason we just sailed the Danube in September on the AmaSonata. The service was excellent, the food was good, the excursions were wonderful. I know this doesn't tell you much. I do remember it was quite chilly in Holland in April, so we couldn't use the sun deck very much, but the lounge was very comfortable and our day times were mostly taken up by excursions. We did 2 bike excursions, which were great.

Feel free to email me with questions you might have: aldukenew at gmail dot com,

Thank you, Allyson.

I did not answer your question about getting a table for 2. I think most of the tables were for 4 or 6, but there were booths, so you could take one of those. First come first served, though.