Does Jewel ots and Adventure ots leave from the same terminal?

Susie51

I have heard terrible AOS boarding stories about the terminal in San Juan. Does Jewel use the same terminal? Is the boarding process less chaotic because JOS is smaller than AOS?

Thanks for your help.

Same terminal.

I have heard terrible AOS boarding stories about the terminal in San Juan. Does Jewel use the same terminal? Is the boarding process less chaotic because JOS is smaller than AOS?

Thanks for your help.

I've cruises on Jewel from here once and plan on cruising on Adventure next year. My experience was pleasant. From what I have read the problems can be when the ship is late returning or doesn't clear the previous cruise as fast as normal. The building doesn't have the facility for lots of people to wait a long time comfortably. I am one of those who advocate getting to the terminal as early as possible and maximizing my time on the ship. However, this is one port where that can become an issue. I will be at the terminal for Oasis next April around 11am and hope to be on board by noon. However, if things get delayed I will understand and make the best of it. That is easier done at terminal 18 of Port Everglades than it is at the terminal in SJU.

We've cruised Brilliance, Jewel and Adventure from SJU 5 of the last 6 years. Boarding has never been "terrible". Every time we've arrived at the port around 10:45 and been on board by noon or sooner.

Edited by bouhunter

We've cruised Brilliance, Jewel and Adventure from SJU 5 of the last 6 years. Boarding has never been "terrible". Every time we've arrived at the port around 10:45 and been on board by noon or sooner.

That's what we do and has been our experience.

I agree. We have never had a terrible boarding experience in San Juan at the Pan american pier. Maybe it has to do with your arrival time but we have always been on the ship by noon and then sometimes leave to go into Old San Juan for a while in the afternoon.

We breezed right in when we did the Jewel. We were there around noon. No long line, no waiting, probably took about a half hour or less to get to the buffet for lunch in May of 2014 from the time we arrived. December we did AOS. Same pier arrived a little sooner but they wouldn't let us board. Came back at 12:30pm. Had long lines and it was hot. Took us about an hour and a half at least to get through the line and board. It was a way different experience.

Edited by Siora7777

Hi

each ship departs on a different day and return on a different day.

Gone out of this port at least 4 times, only problem once when they delayed boarding once, a majority of the people showing up at 11:00, so I learned to just wait a little later to board that

Each cruise terminal location has its own peculiar ways. Just go with the flow and enjoy, remember your on a cruise and nothing but time on your hands :D