When does the last tender leave?

lilmegscruisin

We are trying to book an excursion In grand cayman with a private company for next month. Our ship docks at 10am & leaves at 6pm. There is an 11:15 excursion or 1:45, I messaged the company & they said 1:45 would be better because they didn't think we would make it in time for a 10:30 check in time. My only problem with 1:45 is the tour is 2.5-2.75 hours long(it says add 15-20 min for travel to their dock each way), is that enough time to make it back to the ship for tender? That puts us at 4:45-5pm. We will have a 5 & 7 year old with us and hate to be all running to the tender if the excursion was running behind. I can just picture us now being those crazy people running alongside the ship & that is definitely not something we want to be doing, especially with kids. Thank you :)

They always ask that you be onboard a 1/2 hr. before sailing. This would be the same for the last tender...if you are scheduled to be there till 6p.m. they will say the last tender is at 5:30 p.m. So you shouldn't have any problem.

Of course if you were to be late for the ship in Grand Cayman, you wouldn't be able to run alongside...the ship has a head start:)

At that time there will be a lot of people wanting to get on the tenders. There will be a line and a wait. Could still be sunny and hot, with little shade. Make sure the kids have hats, sunscreen, and something to drink They don't stop the tenders just because it is 5:30. If you are there you will get on the ship.

have a great cruise

The tour companies do this all the time, they work around the ship schedules for the most part. I used Captain Marvin's when I was there last time and they altered the time for me too and it ended up being timed perfectly.

Also, in Grand Cayman people are going to be lined up a mile long for the last two hours to get on the tenders. If you're in line they're not going to leave you.

Edited by hotsauce126

We are trying to book an excursion In grand cayman with a private company for next month. Our ship docks at 10am & leaves at 6pm. There is an 11:15 excursion or 1:45, I messaged the company & they said 1:45 would be better because they didn't think we would make it in time for a 10:30 check in time. My only problem with 1:45 is the tour is 2.5-2.75 hours long(it says add 15-20 min for travel to their dock each way), is that enough time to make it back to the ship for tender? That puts us at 4:45-5pm. We will have a 5 & 7 year old with us and hate to be all running to the tender if the excursion was running behind. I can just picture us now being those crazy people running alongside the ship & that is definitely not something we want to be doing, especially with kids. Thank you :)

Grand Cayman is a unique port for timing because it does not observe daylight savings time. Make sure that you and the vendor are both speaking the same time - ie ship time v. local time.

The last tender is scheduled for 30 minutes prior to sailaway.

Also, in Grand Cayman people are going to be lined up a mile long for the last two hours to get on the tenders. If you're in line they're not going to leave you.

Even though they want everyone back on board 30 minutes prior to scheduled sailaway, what the above poster says is exactly accurate. The tenders will keep running until everyone who is in line gets transferred back onboard the ship.