The Big Bacon Question - Carnival Legend vs Pacific Jewel

Hi all,

Last year my wife and I took our very first cruise on the Carnival Legend and found the bacon served in the buffet to be the thin crispy US style. It was ok but not the best.

We are going on a second cruise this coming March on the Pacific Jewel and are wondering if because the Jewel is permanently based in Australia do they serve Australian style bacon?

Its a "big" issue for us [emoji6]

Happy cruising

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Haven't been on Jewel for a while.

But last time I was they had about 4 types of Bacon.

Labeled

American

English

Canadian

And just Bacon.

If you can't find the sort you want ask.

I cannot handle that American style NUKED streaky bacon on Princess, I asked how they cook it, can you believe it is deep fried. On Aurora/Oriana recently, lovely Danish bacon was served, lubbly jubbly.

Just don't get me started on the Horizon Court 'coffee.'

Edited by NSWP

I cannot handle that American style NUKED streaky bacon on Princess, I asked how they cook it, can you believe it is deep fried. On Aurora/Oriana recently, lovely Danish bacon was served, lubbly jubbly.

Just don't get me started on the Horizon Court 'coffee.'

Uncle Les

What's Danish Bacon?

I probably know it by some other name.

But I only get whatever Miss or Mrs Gut buys, far be it from me to have any say in such things.

Uncle Les

What's Danish Bacon?

I probably know it by some other name.

But I only get whatever Miss or Mrs Gut buys, far be it from me to have any say in such things.

Danish bacon, not available here to my knowledge, but very popular in the UK, hence P&O have it on their ships, very similar to our best bacon here. Not a lot of fat, nice meat and you cook it medium, not nuke it.

I am a bit of a bacon freak, I normally buy the shortcut bacon from Aldi. But suffering now with my gut, excuse the pun Mr Gut, too much festive ham in the last couple of weeks, think I have been eating bad ham in the last few days, out of the fridge, in the bin, won't even give it to the garbage bin on 4 legs, the Labrador. Are the Easter eggs in the shops yet?

Edited by NSWP

Danish bacon, not available here to my knowledge, but very popular in the UK, hence P&O have it on their ships, very similar to our best bacon here. Not a lot of fat, nice meat and you cook it medium, not nuke it.

I am a bit of a bacon freak, I normally buy the shortcut bacon from Aldi. But suffering now with my gut, excuse the pun Mr Gut, too much festive ham in the last couple of weeks, think I have been eating bad ham in the last few days, out of the fridge, in the bin, won't even give it to the garbage bin on 4 legs, the Labrador. Are the Easter eggs in the shops yet?

Sounds like what Mrs Gut lets me eat sometimes, she tries to keep me gong, not sure why other than maybe she hates me so much wants to punish me more:D.

Certainly she only married me to make me miserable:eek:.

• 1 month later...

As I discovered on a recent trip to the USA, Carnivals "American" bacon was not representative of bacon in America. It was actually pretty good in real life! I hated the stuff on the ship, they did have English style though too on the Spirit.

I like crisp bacon but so far I have not found any that is edible on a cruise ship, and that's over three different cruise lines: Princess, RCL and Celebrity.

However it is better than Aussie hotel bacon. Somehow hotel chefs have mastered the art of turning the meat parts of the bacon to cardboard while leaving the fat white and limp.