Olympic, Qsine on Millennium?

cheffip

We've received a specialty restaurant dining credit from Celebrity (through a regional sales rep). A nice gesture but the catch is it's only worth enough to cover the regular cost of a meal for one person at the Olympic Dining room. It could also be used to reduce the costs of dining at Qsine as well. Since it has been set up specifically as a specialty restaurant dining credit, it can't be used at bars or for room service etc.

What are the experiences and opinions of those of you who have dined in either venue recently?

Would you go for the equivalent of buy-one, get-one-free?

I don't think they would let you negotiate a BOGO (50% off) and then let you use the certificate to cover both...but you never know. I would try to negotiate a lower rate for both of you....say $30 each, put both dinners on the same cabin/folio and then use your credit at the end when you sign for the meal. If their system automatically applies it to both..hey, you won....otherwise you both ate for $30...a great deal. I would not mention the certificate when negotiating....just give it to them at the end of the meal.

Sometimes, if you ask, you don't get the answer you want....so maybe don't ask....I'd just see how they handle it.

Yes, all the murano like restaurants are special meals worth some extra cost. We could debate how much they are worth, but we find that $25-30 pp is fair. Tuscan grill is worth less to us...just not the same experience or food...but that's our opinion...others prefer it to murano.

Edited by ghstudio

If you've eaten at Ocean Liners on Connie, Millie's Olympic is the exact same thing.

Millie has Q-Zine on deck #11 already.

Caveat: if your intended cruise is post May 12th, Olympic will not be an

option as it is replaced by Tuscan Gill 2.0 during late april's drydock.

IMO...Tuscan Grill ( original or 2.0 ) is closer to a ''specialty restaurant'' product than Q-Sine....

Cheers

C

I can't believe they're getting rid of Olympic! What MBA thought of this?

The same ''MBA'' :confused: who decided it was a good idea to get rid of the similar venue on Infinity ( done ) & Summit ( next up in a few weeks ) , and replace them with Tuscan 2.0.......I doubt '' MBA'' is needed to come up with that idea.:(

Cheers

I've dined in both in November/December 2015 and thought they were both excellent, if different.

Olympic can't be beat for the ambiance of the original furnishings of the Olympic ship. The food was to-die-for, but I love haute cuisine & the more formal service style. If that's not your thing, you might like Qsine better.

Qsine was just fun, with lots of different small plates & really fun and clever presentation of food.

If I had to pick only one again, I'd go with Olympic, but I enjoyed both and didn't think the upcharge was unreasonable.

The same ''MBA'' :confused: who decided it was a good idea to get rid of the similar venue on Infinity ( done ) & Summit ( next up in a few weeks ) , and replace them with Tuscan 2.0.......I doubt '' MBA'' is needed to come up with that idea.:(

Cheers

Okay, maybe they just are grade school graduates! Dumb, dumb, dumb. :mad:

Note to Celebrity: Send me the Olympic paneling!

I guess the specialty restaurants were not selling well on our recent Trans Pacific cruise because we were offered a 2 for 1 deal at both Olympic and Qsine. We chose an evening at Q and certainly enjoyed the food, the unique presentation of each course and the overall ambiance. Our only wish is that we would have done this as a group activity. Way too much food for just 2.

I think part of the issue is that these days few know what RMS Olympic was, along with the SS United States et al.

Well I'm a fan of the classic liners of the past and have a number of books on them. Since the feedback here on the dining experience in Olympic is positive, sounds like we should definitely go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Even dumber when you consider that one of our servers in Olympic last week has been in contact with people on Infinity, post change, and "it is still mostly empty."

Bone headed move. We consider Tuscan Grille a cross between Olive Garden and a chain steak house, nothing more. And for $45/pp.? Not on your life.

Totally agree with comments on Olympic. Our meal there two weeks ago was outstanding and definitely better than any of the other S class specialities. I cannot see why Celebrity management feel the need to make all the restaurants the same on every ship especially as the menus are the same. Why not have a week one and different week two menu on each 14 night cruise like P & O ? We had a leaflet in the cabin offering two dinners for €65 each on the two days the ship was overnight in port. Somebody must have been psychic as we only had one scheduled overnight stay but ended up with two to keep us safe from a passing storm ! Also we were sent a card offering 50% off on two particular evenings and there was another offer of €80 for dinners in Olympic and Qsine and lunch or dinner in Bistro on 5. Now tell me that the speciality restaurants aren't struggling!