Somewhat interesting/odd question about booking an unborn baby...

amandajean06

I booked yesterday for my unborn son. We did the Early Saver First Dibs promo, so we did have to provide a name. Luckily, we have this figured out already. The Carnival rep assured me multiple times that I will be allowed to update the birth date after our son is born. He did put a note in for me as well, to help my anxiety lol

I booked my unborn child under ES back when they had the $50 deposit. I listed the baby's name as "Baby , Last name" with it's due date as the DOB. I wanted a very specific room (a 6J on Conquest) for which they only have a few that hold 4 ppl.

In discussing with multiple carnival reps, they said I could update the info when the child is born. However, even if ea rep was wrong, the penalty for the change is only$50 versus not having the room I wanted.

My sister did this, her son was listed as TBD if I'm not mistaken. Even if you gave a name and then had to change when you called in to give the pertinent info, they wouldn't charge you. It's no different than fixing a misspelling, it's the same person!

That's how our TA booked us a couple of years ago. I don't recall when we had to submit names, probably at final deposit, but since baby has to be six months old to sail that should give you plenty of time to update the booking.

So, I am 7+ months pregnant and would like to go ahead and book our cruise for May 2017. I don't know the name, SSN, or gender of coming baby. We have one other son who will also be cruising with us, and our plan is to do two connecting cabins. Do I have to wait until this baby is born to book? Or is there any way to go ahead and book now and add their specifics later? Thank you! Sorry for the weirdness of this question, ha ha.

Contact Carnival directly. It can easily be done and is not an issue.

Hi everyone,

A quick update...I called and got the 4 of us booked yesterday in 7108/7106 (the connecting balcony to inside setup on Pride) with one adult in each cabin (so only one has to buy Cheers) and our PVP listed the unborn baby as "Newborn" in my husband's cabin. We even booked Early Saver First Dibs and he said it would be no problem to update later. I doubt this a little, because the fine print on that offer states that all guests must have a full name listed, but I guess he knows better than I do! He also didn't mention the $50 change fee, so we will see about that too. Thanks for all of your helpful replies! We are so excited to have grabbed those cabins and to start our countdown: to meet the new little one, and to cruise! =)