Safety in ports?

iiisummeriii

Someone told me once to pretend you don't speak English OR Spanish. Remember Frera Jacka (SP!)? Start saying this old song or anything like another language. They throw up their hands and walk away. Americans are brought up not to ignore people so we always say no, no thank you, etc. This gets their attention and they will continue to try to get you to do something/buy something. I say Je'n parle english/Espanol. It does work!

My daughter is SOOOO excited about the horseback riding excursion...anyone done that...I am feeling a tad concerned based on all the negative responses?? Adice:confused:

there are some good vendors. We saw horses in a port that were in simple horrible condition. Tied to trees with no shade and no water.

Some dont give the horses rest between "customers" Son did a tour with horses in one port and the guy kept punchin the horse in the nose. telling my sons GF this is how we get them to listen coz horses have no sense.

this is what you need to figure out when you get there.

We have never cruised to Jamaica but were there about three years ago. We stayed at THe Sandals in Ocho Rios and loved it.

We did a horseback riding excursion on the beach, etc. and it was and still is one of our most FAVORABLE memories from any of our travels. We used Hooves Horseback Tours. They even video taped it and we got a copy of it. They were great and very helpful and the ride was so much fun. The horses even swam in the ocean with us riding!!

Now as far as crime, etc. in Jamaica; our resort did tell us to now wander of the property unless we were with them or with an excursion company.

Archived