luggage valet flight cut off time

I saw a document from early 2015 that said that 11:30am was the earliest flight time out of Fort Lauderdale that allows luggage valet (the greatest travel invention since the wheelie suitcase). I need to make sure that it is still 11:30 because the non stop is 11:45 and I just can't imagine having to handle the luggage with my elderly parents and getting off the ship, going through customs etc.

Can anyone kindly help me out? We are on the Allure 2/14.

We used luggage valet last month in Fort Lauderdale. You are correct the cut-off time was 11:30 am. Our flight was also at 11:45 am. We took a cab to the airport and we were there by 9:30.

I would advise carefully checking your boarding passes and luggage tags when you receive them the day before disembarking. I had incorrect flight numbers on my documents but my husband's were correct. We have used luggage valet several times and this was the first time we had problems with the documents.

Have a great cruise!

We used luggage valet last month in Fort Lauderdale. You are correct the cut-off time was 11:30 am. Our flight was also at 11:45 am. We took a cab to the airport and we were there by 9:30.

I would advise carefully checking your boarding passes and luggage tags when you receive them the day before disembarking. I had incorrect flight numbers on my documents but my husband's were correct. We have used luggage valet several times and this was the first time we had problems with the documents.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks. That decides it. It is $200 more per person, but the 11:45 is a non stop (back to the cold) and my old parents will be better off doing that than sitting around for more hours and getting in late. Thanks for your help!

I saw a document from early 2015 that said that 11:30am was the earliest flight time out of Fort Lauderdale that allows luggage valet (the greatest travel invention since the wheelie suitcase). I need to make sure that it is still 11:30 because the non stop is 11:45 and I just can't imagine having to handle the luggage with my elderly parents and getting off the ship, going through customs etc.

Can anyone kindly help me out? We are on the Allure 2/14.

The cutoff time was also 11:30am on our recent Oasis cruise.

Thanks. That decides it. It is $200 more per person, but the 11:45 is a non stop (back to the cold) and my old parents will be better off doing that than sitting around for more hours and getting in late. Thanks for your help!

Luggage valet is $20 per person or free if you are in a grand suite or above. You would also be charged the baggage fee your airline charges.

Wife had a badly torn tendon in her foot for our early December Oasis cruise, and we discovered the luggage valet option and decided to try it. Worked great and saved my back from trying to be a pack mule for the 2 of us since she was not able to help lug stuff around. We will probably use it again when flying even after the wife is back on 2 good wheels...

As has been said, 11:30 was the time, and $20 per was the cost. If I am reading the thread right, the $200 reference was a higher cost for a non-stop flight they chose.

Wife had a badly torn tendon in her foot for our early December Oasis cruise, and we discovered the luggage valet option and decided to try it. Worked great and saved my back from trying to be a pack mule for the 2 of us since she was not able to help lug stuff around. We will probably use it again when flying even after the wife is back on 2 good wheels...

As has been said, 11:30 was the time, and $20 per was the cost. If I am reading the thread right, the $200 reference was a higher cost for a non-stop flight they chose.

Luggage valet is $20.00 per person.

Luggage valet is $20 per person or free if you are in a grand suite or above. You would also be charged the baggage fee your airline charges.

I pretty sure the $200 is the price difference in flights for the OP. Luggage Valet is $20.

Thanks all. I did read it wrong. [emoji15]

How does the airline charge for the baggage? We have two free bags each with Delta and was going to use the valet service but not if we can't get our free bags. :confused:

United just changed my flight time for my return home, does anyone know the latest time for a flight to use the luggage valet service in FLL. Thanks.

For United, it would be midnight.

How does the airline charge for the baggage? We have two free bags each with Delta and was going to use the valet service but not if we can't get our free bags. :confused:

Part of the form prompts you to explain why bag charges should not be applied. It's worked for me with the AAdvantage credit card having no bag charges for one bag per person.

When we were blessed to be in first class for the flight home, I was worried about the same thing -- happy to report we weren't charged the airline baggage fee.

Ditto....well worth it!!!! Delta also, no fee charged!

Edited by BecciBoo

This is a question about luggage valet servcie from Indy in March. Does anyone know if you have to pay for both people in the room? I have early bird paid through Southwest and really don't need the boarding passes that will be provided by RC. I will print them when we get to the airport. We only have two checked bags so there will be no extra charge there from SW. I will be given my tags for my luggage to put out in hall. Can 1 person in the room pay the price for both bags? Or do we both have to pay? Hope I was clear in what I'm asking.

Edited by peymas

Thank you Clarea for the information.

For luggage valet, Royal charges a $20 processing fee per guest in the cabin. If you have an Airline credit card, flying first class or another reason you should not be charge the airline luggage fee there is a spot on the form for luggage valet that you submit onboard to write that in. You will still be charged the $20 processing fees but you will not be charged the airline baggage fee. In FLL your flight must leave after 11:30 to use this service. Letty

This is a question about luggage valet servcie from Indy in March. Does anyone know if you have to pay for both people in the room? I have early bird paid through Southwest and really don't need the boarding passes that will be provided by RC. I will print them when we get to the airport. We only have two checked bags so there will be no extra charge there from SW. I will be given my tags for my luggage to put out in hall. Can 1 person in the room pay the price for both bags? Or do we both have to pay? Hope I was clear in what I'm asking.

You do not have to pay for both. Just fill out the form for one person.

When I fly first class and get two free checked bags, I pay the $20 Luggage Valet fee for just me, and put both of our bags under my name.

When I am flying "steerage class" and we each get one checked bag included in our flight cost, I pay the $20 Luggage Valet fee for both of us and put one bag in each name.

It's never been a problem.

You do not have to pay for both. Just fill out the form for one person.

Thanks. Hoping that was the way I could do it. Plane doesn't leave until 9:30 p.m., and we are hoping it is a pretty day to do the water taxi.