Alcohol & Balcony Breakfast questions on Emerald

Cabogirl13

We were just on the Emerald and did the CG the last night. It was fantastic. The boys all had surf and turf, steak and lobster tails. I just had the lobster tails which were small but very good.

Well worth the $25 per person. Just book a night and time once you get on board the very first day. It booked up fast since a lot of people did not want to go to the new Share restaurant but they did want something other than the MDR.

BTW the food at MDR was great every night as well.

Thanks so much! I think I'll be calling the DINE line as soon as I can get on board! :)

BTW, I read that you can order as much as you'd like (like the MDR). Is this correct?

**Just noticed your username :D**

Edited by FLAMOM24

I think you forgot about the ultimate balcony breakfast!!!

I was actually answering her question about duplicating the UBB with the regular room service menu. It's not a menu that you can duplicate at all with the regular room service menu unless you are in a full suite when you can order off of the dining room breakfast menu.

"4.(Last question) Is the balcony breakfast really worth it? I love the idea of doing a "special" breakfast one morning but couldn't you basically order room service and accomplish the same thing?"

Edited by cjskids

Thanks so much! I think I'll be calling the DINE line as soon as I can get on board! :)

BTW, I read that you can order as much as you'd like (like the MDR). Is this correct?

**Just noticed your username :D**

I saw you answered the question about ordering more in a previous post...sorry :)

Flamom24,

Don't call the dine line, just go directly to the CG and make the reservations with them directly. Much easier to do.

Yes, you can order as much as you want in the CG and also the MDR. A lot of times my boys order a fish dish or a pasta dish with the meat entree. They are athletes and can eat that much.

I would have to be rolled off the ship:eek:if i ate that much.

Have fun.

We have a different opinion from many here. DH & I partook of both the balcony breakfast & balcony dinner on a 10 day cruise. We actually ordered the balcony breakfast three mornings, because they were willing to change the menu & basically order whatever we wanted the second & third times we ordered. OTOH, they were unwilling to change anything on the balcony dinner. We called & tried to make a few changes, so we could order it again & they refused. We didn't enjoy the food enough to repeat the exact experience later in the week. The breakfast also appealed to us more, because it was more private. Our server for UBD was obviously homesick. He spent most of the meal talking to us about his family at home. It definitely wasn't the romantic, anniversary dinner we had hoped for. That was the main reason we wanted to try it again, but not with the same menu. Obviously, experiences with servers would vary. In summary, we would try the UBD again, but only once per cruise. As long as they were willing to make changes to the menu, we would order UBB several mornings. In our opinion, it was special & not comparable to collecting the food ourselves then bringing it back to the balcony.

Flamom24,

Don't call the dine line, just go directly to the CG and make the reservations with them directly. Much easier to do.

Yes, you can order as much as you want in the CG and also the MDR. A lot of times my boys order a fish dish or a pasta dish with the meat entree. They are athletes and can eat that much.

I would have to be rolled off the ship:eek:if i ate that much.

Have fun.

Great, thank you!

We have 4 boys ranging from 6' -6'5" and they all have hollow legs so i know the feeling. ;) I apreciate the tips and info!

Michelle