currency rate for obc gifts

GCHAN

I am thinking of buying OBC as a gift from Celebrity.

It comes up in my local currency at $32.40 Australian dollars for one unit.

Can anybody tell me how many US dollars this is buying as I couldn't find it anywhere on the page.

I am thinking of buying OBC as a gift from Celebrity.

It comes up in my local currency at $32.40 Australian dollars for one unit.

Can anybody tell me how many US dollars this is buying as I couldn't find it anywhere on the page.

It is $25.00 . I just bought 18 units at the rate of $30.60 Canadian

It is $25.00 . I just bought 18 units at the rate of $30.60 Canadian

I don't mean to be a pessimist but check your posting to your credit card. I purchased some units on Jan 06 and have a printable order summary stating 30.60 per unit but posting to my credit card today has charged me 34.40. Two hours on the phone does not yet have a resolution with one agent stating rate has gone up. Waiting for manager from resolutions to call.

I don't mean to be a pessimist but check your posting to your credit card. I purchased some units on Jan 06 and have a printable order summary stating 30.60 per unit but posting to my credit card today has charged me 34.40. Two hours on the phone does not yet have a resolution with one agent stating rate has gone up. Waiting for manager from resolutions to call.

Calling now and just talked to the Celebrity agent who says if you phone it in you get the rate that was on the day you booked the cruise . Funny she quoted me $34.40..

Anyway.. finally through to my credit card company and I was charged $30.60 per unit as on my receipt.

Did you book your cruise in US $ We booked in Canadian $

I am buying more!!

Ouch! Please let us know how this turns out. If you have a summary stating what you paid, they should definitely honour that! And I know I checked today and it was showing $30.60 per unit - where is the $34.40 coming from?

Ouch! Please let us know how this turns out. If you have a summary stating what you paid, they should definitely honour that! And I know I checked today and it was showing $30.60 per unit - where is the $34.40 coming from?

That is the rate quoted on the phone which corresponds to the rate on the day I booked my cruise according to the agent on the phone. So if I buy on the phone I pay that. Maybe the person who was overcharged either booked in US $ or on the phone.

Just glad mine is as it should be and I just bought more!! All booked online

The rate for US $25 in AUD is $32.40 which is a good rate. I have tried numerous times to buy online for Jan 31st cruise but keep getting told "unable to find reservation". Funny that, Celebrity has sent me boarding docs with exact same reservation detais that is unable to be found online. Have called Celebrity who say that must be a temporary glitch and to try again. Have tried dozens of times, now given up.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Website has been mostly down for some weeks now. Only two workarounds I know about. One is use any platform except IExplorer (Firefox seems best) and always completely log out otherwise after 30 minutes of non use you are locked out for over a day.

Calling now and just talked to the Celebrity agent who says if you phone it in you get the rate that was on the day you booked the cruise . Funny she quoted me $34.40..

Anyway.. finally through to my credit card company and I was charged $30.60 per unit as on my receipt.

I am buying more!![/quote

We booked our cruise in Canadian dollars. After speaking to a third rep last evening I believe it is resolved to my satisfaction just awaiting a confirmation email. Sorry if I sounded like an alarmist I just wanted people to check their statements and be aware. Our first experience with Celebrity web site definitely they have issues!

I am buying more!![/quote

We booked our cruise in Canadian dollars. After speaking to a third rep last evening I believe it is resolved to my satisfaction just awaiting a confirmation email. Sorry if I sounded like an alarmist I just wanted people to check their statements and be aware. Our first experience with Celebrity web site definitely they have issues!

I just bought some online last night. It had quoted me $30.60 CAD however the amount my credit card has been autherized for would equal $ 34.40 CAD per unit.... grrr.. How did you end up with a fix?

I just bought some online last night. It had quoted me $30.60 CAD however the amount my credit card has been autherized for would equal $ 34.40 CAD per unit.... grrr.. How did you end up with a fix?

My new lot form last night went through at 34.40. I called them and they said the rate is 34.40 and they are aware that the website says 30.60. They said the invoice cannot be adjusted so they worked out the difference in C$ for my 4 units and said I will be given additional OBC for the amount.. works for me!!

The website will be updated soon

My new lot form last night went through at 34.40. I called them and they said the rate is 34.40 and they are aware that the website says 30.60. They said the invoice cannot be adjusted so they worked out the difference in C$ for my 4 units and said I will be given additional OBC for the amount.. works for me!!

The website will be updated soon

That's how it went for me today as well. However they said they would send a confirmation after, they did but no mention of the obc on it..

I booked online for 30.40 but have not been able to check my CC statement yet - Just curious how much extra OBC they gave you to compensate for the error in case it happens to me as well

Because I have a printed statement indicating what the charge was if it is charged higher my CC company would do a charge back

Wondering which would be the better deal and course to take

Thanks

OK - help me out here. I am lost on what difference it makes if you booked your cruise in US $ or CDN $.

These are meant to be presents.

If I was buying several units at the shown price of $30.40CDN as a Bon voyage present to you, then that is the price I should pay - makes no difference to me, giving you a gift, if the cruise was booked in Canadian or American money. Also I should be able to use my Canadian charge card and see no conversion on it.

If it states 30.40CDN - then 30.40CDN it should be.

What am I missing here?

That's how it went for me today as well. However they said they would send a confirmation after, they did but no mention of the obc on it..

Last night I was promised a confirmation email re the offer of obc to cover my overcharge but nothing came. Tonight I am being told I only have the original OBC I purchased online. The rep is telling me I will have to have my TA who booked cruise clarify if I have the additional OBC they gave me last night for the overcharge. Each different rep I have spoken to has a different story. Very frustrating.icon8.gif

Last night I was promised a confirmation email re the offer of obc to cover my overcharge but nothing came. Tonight I am being told I only have the original OBC I purchased online. The rep is telling me I will have to have my TA who booked cruise clarify if I have the additional OBC they gave me last night for the overcharge. Each different rep I have spoken to has a different story. Very frustrating.icon8.gif

That's no good. This I why I wanted my darn confirmation. Hopefully they find where it is on the account.... Let me know

I booked online for 30.40 but have not been able to check my CC statement yet - Just curious how much extra OBC they gave you to compensate for the error in case it happens to me as well

Because I have a printed statement indicating what the charge was if it is charged higher my CC company would do a charge back

Wondering which would be the better deal and course to take

Thanks

Only the difference of website and what was charged.. in my case $4.00 CAD per unit and I bought 7

OK - help me out here. I am lost on what difference it makes if you booked your cruise in US $ or CDN $.

These are meant to be presents.

If I was buying several units at the shown price of $30.40CDN as a Bon voyage present to you, then that is the price I should pay - makes no difference to me, giving you a gift, if the cruise was booked in Canadian or American money. Also I should be able to use my Canadian charge card and see no conversion on it.

If it states 30.40CDN - then 30.40CDN it should be.

What am I missing here?

website says $30.60 we were charged $34.40.. You can use this option to top up your own obc and at 30.60 it was a good exchange rate.

I bought 9 Units on Jan 6 paid $30.60 on line but have been charged $34.40 per unit. Not happy I will have to call on Monday to find out how Celebrtiy can just change the rate without authorization. I also bought 4'units on Jan 5 & they went through at the correct rate.

Edited by If only

That's no good. This I why I wanted my darn confirmation. Hopefully they find where it is on the account.... Let me know

It is under Amenities which your TA can send you. I had a gift one other time & that is where it is shown.

The difference should show up on your Celebrity booking.

Edited by If only