Looking for comments from folks just off the Oosterdam

iflyrc5

DW has found that some of the venues like the Theater at Sea, Screening Room, Crow's Nest and MDR can often be on the cool side and she is often in need of a sweater even in the warmer climates. Looking for comments from anyone that has just come off the Oosterdam Caribbean cruises.

Watched it leave FLL this afternoon - we will be on the next sailing on Jan 18:D

In November, found the A/C on OOSTERDAM to be functioning very well in all venues, better than on many ships we have experienced.

For me it was great, for someone with a tendency to want a sweater I would say they would find it cool.

We just got off on Dec 28. We found the Crows Nest, screening room and MDR good (mind you I did wear a sweater most nights as part of my outfit. The only place I really truly found cold was the Vista Lounge for the shows. If she has a throw or sweater she should be fine.

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily

We were on the ODam in October. The weather outside, in port, was HOT!! Even I, who is always cold and love the neat, found it too hot to go to the beach. That said, The Crow's Nest is my spot for early morning needlework time and we go up after the show for a nightcap. I was always cold in there and the Vista Lounge as well. I didn't find the MDR cold for dinner but for breakfast it was also very cool. I have a nice knit shawl that I bring for evening and a thin fleece jacket for daytime. Hope this helps.

On our Dec cruise on the Oosterdam my DW reports that she needed a sweater when in the showroom for Bingo, but not for the shows. Maybe due to the fewer people there at that time. Otherwise, she was fine - and she does get cold quickly.

Spent 36 days on her last year and at times some venues could be cool. Also keep in mind that it can get quite cool in Port Everglades upon disembarkation/ embarkation during winter months when a cold front pushes far South.

One time at Fort Lauderdale airport it was so cold in the terminal we almost had to buy some sweatshirts.

Keep a sweater in carry on baggage.