chairs available at 6am

chairs available at 9am

chairs not available at noon

Get the picture

towels that are saving chairs thrown overboard

flipflops that are saving chairs thrown overboard

books that are saving chairs thrown overboard

get the picture?

We have yet to actually see true chair hogs on cruise. We have seen many chairs saved but haven't sat and watched the chairs to see if they are at all used.

We did see a group of 8 chairs hogged at Disney World. We asked a couple who were there if we could have two of remaining 6 that didnt have butts in them. They removed the stuff and said sure. From 10a to 4p we never saw all 8 people even near the chairs at any given time. Maybe one was in a chair and two were in the pool but never saw all 8 butts in chairs at the same time. Throughout the afternoon one or two would come along and take items off the remaining 6 chairs. One picked up a magazine off the chair and gave it to another woman in another row of chairs, teenager would grab sunglasses and a lady would grab t-shirts...then finally the one woman in a motorized scooter came at 4p and removed the remaining one item off each of the six chairs. Told us to have a good day and left.

Now that is totally chair hogging! Items on chairs all day but only putting one or two butts in the chairs at a time. Yep they needed all 8 to hold their 8 items!

Edited by lylone

towels that are saving chairs thrown overboard

flipflops that are saving chairs thrown overboard

books that are saving chairs thrown overboard

get the picture?

So I am getting up and getting a chair at 9am and using it all day. And you get up at noon and want to throw my stuff overboard so you can get my chair?

You must be a peach to cruise with

So I am getting up and getting a chair at 9am and using it all day. And you get up at noon and want to throw my stuff overboard so you can get my chair?

if you are using it all day, that's not an issue. if you are gone past 40 minutes.... then the stuff can disappear.

I wont be a peach for those breaking the rules and stopping me from having a chair... this is true.

but if you are in the chair all day and only leave it for a few minutes at any given time and we are next to each other... I will buy you a drink if you want

if you are using it all day, that's not an issue. If you are gone past 40 minutes.... Then the stuff can disappear.

I wont be a peach for those breaking the rules and stopping me from having a chair... This is true.

But if you are in the chair all day and only leave it for a few minutes at any given time and we are next to each other... I will buy you a drink if you want

+1:)

Person A uses chair from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.

Person B uses chair from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Person C uses chair from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Swims and eats lunch.

Person D uses chair from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Person C comes back and uses chair from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Takes a break from the sun.

Person E uses chair from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Person F uses chair from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Person C comes back and uses chair from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.

OR....

Person C saves chair from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., sitting in it when she feels like it.

Six happy people > One happy person

Get the picture?

So, if you went out at 9 a.m. and all the chairs had been claimed by towels and flip flops, how would you feel?

We are not talking about people who claim a chair at 9 a.m. and sit in it all day. We are talking about people who come out at 7:30 a.m. and lay objects down on chairs that sit empty for an hour or two. Often rows of chairs. People who leave towels on Serenity beds and disappear for two hours. People who keep spots in the shade and spots in the sun all morning and afternoon, just in case.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

Why is it still happening? Because some staff members would rather avoid a confrontation with passengers who feel that they are above the rules, rather than enforce the rules.

Considering the amount of bandwidth spent on how poorly paid the crew are and their desperate need for tips, no wonder they don't want to get offside with those who might tip them.

We have yet to actually see true chair hogs on cruise. We have seen many chairs saved but haven't sat and watched the chairs to see if they are at all

have to agree never had a problem getting a chair.

May not have been my number one choice in position, but always got one when I wanted one.

But this issue keeps coming up.

have to agree never had a problem getting a chair.

May not have been my number one choice in position, but always got one when I wanted one.

But this issue keeps coming up.

Chair hogging is worse on some cruises than on others. I can only speculate on what factors create a very bad chair hogging environment on a cruise, but it was not until my sixth cruise that I witnessed the kind of chair hogging behavior that makes people furious. Now, I get it.

Person A uses chair from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.

Person B uses chair from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Person C uses chair from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Swims and eats lunch.

Person D uses chair from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Person C comes back and uses chair from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Takes a break from the sun.

Person E uses chair from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Person F uses chair from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Person C comes back and uses chair from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.

OR....

Person C saves chair from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., sitting in it when she feels like it.

Six happy people > One happy person

Get the picture?

True story

Our family got 4 chairs at 8am and lounged on Lido deck for the day, occasionally grabbing a bite to eat and dip in the pool. But never away from our chairs for 10 minutes.

Persons A and B came at noon and asked if we were using our chairs (one was empty for a minute and 3 of us were sitting there). We said it was occupied and they gave us a dirty look and moved on.

Persons C and D came along at 12:30. Same story

Persons E and F came along at 1pm. Same story.

So the 4 of us have legitimate chairs but no one is happy as we need to keep defending our spot from those sleeping in and expecting chairs.

6 people happy as I'm sure they were able to bully somebody out of their seats.

Get the picture?

Edited by LuckyZ

Chogers think they are entitled......If they put their stuff on chairs n leave for a long time just move it.....really simple..... and if a Choger comes up snorting n huffing n puffing.....Smile n say What towels lol

True story

Our family got 4 chairs at 8am and lounged on Lido deck for the day, occasionally grabbing a bite to eat and dip in the pool. But never away from our chairs for 10 minutes.

Persons A and B came at noon and asked if we were using our chairs (one was empty for a minute and 3 of us were sitting there). We said it was occupied and they gave us a dirty look and moved on.

So the 4 of us have legitimate chairs but no one is happy as we need to keep defending our spot from those sleeping in and expecting chairs.

Get the picture?

so someone sees an empty chair and asks???? oh, the humanity!!! HOW DARE THEY ASK SUCH A QUESTION! They should be thrown off the ship for that

they just asked and thats your case? really?

True story

Get the picture?

There's nothing wrong with asking whether an empty seat is being used. If they accepted your answer and moved on, they were not bullying. If they seemed frustrated, that's probably because there were many empty seats being saved by towels. This wouldn't happen if everyone was considerate and did not save chairs they were not using. Your situation, as you describe it, is not the type of chair hogging we are talking about. Ten minutes is very different from one or two hours.

so someone sees an empty chair and asks???? oh, the humanity!!! HOW DARE THEY ASK SUCH A QUESTION! They should be thrown off the ship for that

they just asked and thats your case? really?

There's nothing wrong with asking whether an empty seat is being used. If they accepted your answer and moved on, they were not bullying. If they seemed frustrated, that's probably because there were many empty seats being saved by towels. This wouldn't happen if everyone was considerate and did not save chairs they were not using. Your situation, as you describe it, is not the type of chair hogging we are talking about. Ten minutes is very different from one or two hours.

The big difference is that people who get up at noon or later and expect a chair to be there for them are the ones who feel they are entitled.

It's not difficult people, you want a chair, get up earlier than noon

Edited by LuckyZ

Great idea but you really don't need to do this. If you got up early enough to get a chair and you use it, you shouldn't have to explain your whereabouts.

I find that the mass number of people that complain about chair hogs are those that sleep in past noon and expect those to find a chair upon getting to the Lido at 1pm. Get up at a decent hour and you'll have no problems finding a chair

Thank you, it works for DH and I. Never had a problem.

In my opinion, if you have other things planned for the morning, you can't expect to get a chair poolside on the lido deck at noon. Sea days are even worse. That's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

I'm not for the people who leave for hours or never show.

Well I am an early riser. I have been accused of being a chog since I often get a clam shell on Serenity and use it until around 2:00. It is always occupied by myself or DW. Sorry that I can go to sleep at 1:30 and still wake up before 7:00.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

I am an early riser, so I usually get the lounge with no problem. If I have to go somewhere for a couple minutes, I will tell a fellow lounger that I will be back in a couple minutes, just in case someone thinks the lounge is being chogged. Have never had a problem with chair being taken, of course I don't leave for and hour or longer.

When we are ready to leave I usually look for someone that has been patiently waiting for a lounge and I will let them know we are leaving.

Maybe the cruise staff does this just to toy with the guests... lol. Maybe they take bets on how many "saved" chairs get there stuff moved by ppl? That would make for some good fun instead of timing guest crap on a chair.

Then arguments could ensue. That would be the last thing I would want as an employee. Being there are always grumpy and entitled guests aboard. It would be like handling dirty diapers at a nursery. No one wants to deal with them but someone has to get them in the trash. Who wants that job for minimum wage?

Edited by kindatravelsavy19

Maybe the cruise staff does this just to toy with the guests... lol. Maybe they take bets on how many "saved" chairs get there stuff moved by ppl? That would make for some good fun instead of timing guest crap on a chair.

Then arguments could ensue. That would be the last thing I would want as an employee. Being there are always grumpy and entitled guests aboard. It would be like handling dirty diapers at a nursery. No one wants to deal with them but someone has to get them in the trash. Who wants that job for minimum wage?

Yeah on my cruise in 2013 my group of four people sat on the ground waiting for some chairs to open up. We watched these four chairs stay empty with stuff on them for over an hour and a half before we asked a carnival employee to move the stuff so we could have the chairs. Thirty minutes later this girl comes back and starts screaming at us and asking where her stuff is, we explain the situation to her and direct her to the carnival employee and she starts screaming at him.

The big difference is that people who get up at noon or later and expect a chair to be there for them are the ones who feel they are entitled.

It's not difficult people, you want a chair, get up earlier than noon

so to you, asking you if someone is using an empty chair equates to entitlement...

wow... whatever you need to justify your actions and sleep at night