South australian Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide

Hi,

Is there anyone living near to, or visiting soon, the Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide.

I was there on a cruise recently and saw the figurehead of the sailing ship "Countess". Didn't take a photo then, but now find I need it.

If you can take a photo for me, I would be very grateful.

Any takers, please reply here and I'll give you more details etc.

Thanks in hope.....

Rosee

Thanks kent05,

Great photos on that website, brought back a lot of memories, but unfortunately does not have the one I want. I've searched the internet for it to no avail.

Will keep trying,

Thanks again for your interest,

Rosee

Thanks MicCanberra.

Not there either. Have seen that website and thought it should have been there. Even emailed the museum but they haven't replied to me.

Maybe they no longer have it, or it's being renovated or something putting it off limits.

Thanks for your trouble anyway,

Rosee

Thanks MicCanberra.

Not there either. Have seen that website and thought it should have been there. Even emailed the museum but they haven't replied to me.

Maybe they no longer have it, or it's being renovated or something putting it off limits.

Thanks for your trouble anyway,

Rosee

No worries. Hope you find it.

Thanks Applefloss,

I am after a photo of the figurehead off the sailing ship "Countess". She is a lady at full stretch, right arm outstretched in front, wearing a crown (of sorts).

I read in a book they have the figurehead there, but she is not showing on their website of figureheads.

If it is not difficult for you, I would certainly appreciate a photo.

Glad to repay the favour with any photo(s) you might like from here in Sydney, now or in the future.

Thanks for your reply,

Rosee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rosee,

I went in to the museum yesterday. The figurehead you want is currently off display for restoration work. I'll keep an eye out for it and maybe try to call in some favours to see it while it's off display. Otherwise it's a case of waiting till it returns. Sorry.

Hi Rosee,

I went in to the museum yesterday. The figurehead you want is currently off display for restoration work. I'll keep an eye out for it and maybe try to call in some favours to see it while it's off display. Otherwise it's a case of waiting till it returns. Sorry.

That is a shame.

Thanks anyway Applefloss.

I really do appreciate the time and trouble you've taken for me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but if we can't get a photo, then we can't.... (just yet).

Thanks again,

Rosee